Outlook Sales Extension

ITMarketer
Contributeur

Managing Logging Contacts

Résolue

Our sales team uses the Outlook plug-in to track and log their email communication. My issue is- when they are emailing with contacts who are in HubSpot and those who are not.. how can we better manage so that not all contacts are logged that are in the same email thread?

My understanding is that if the bcc address is in the email, those contacts will get logged. I have modified our block list already but need suggestions for the user level and communication I can't control.

In an ideal world the sales user would have to 'approve' the creation of the new contact before the contact record is created. 

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
AdamLPW
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Hi @ITMarketer,

My understanding is that all email addresses included, CC'd, or BCC'd on emails sent with the logging options selected from Outlook will be automatically created in HubSpot.  

I managed to find an idea on the Ideas board which sounds like essentially the option you're looking for, but from Conversations (rather than Outlook).  Might be worth a quick check to see if there's already a similar post for Outlook and, if not, create one.  

Currently, I run a regular audit of newly created contacts (just search in Contacts for create date) and delete anyone who's not meant to be there.  I've recently started using Insycle for data management, so potentially something you could set up an automatic filter for if there's particular characteristics, email domains, etc., which you know shouldn't be in your database?

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

1 Réponse
AdamLPW
Solution
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Hi @ITMarketer,

My understanding is that all email addresses included, CC'd, or BCC'd on emails sent with the logging options selected from Outlook will be automatically created in HubSpot.  

I managed to find an idea on the Ideas board which sounds like essentially the option you're looking for, but from Conversations (rather than Outlook).  Might be worth a quick check to see if there's already a similar post for Outlook and, if not, create one.  

Currently, I run a regular audit of newly created contacts (just search in Contacts for create date) and delete anyone who's not meant to be there.  I've recently started using Insycle for data management, so potentially something you could set up an automatic filter for if there's particular characteristics, email domains, etc., which you know shouldn't be in your database?

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"