Outlook Sales Extension

davehub

Login screen won't accept credentials

SOLVE

Just going through an endless login process with the Outlook add-in for Office 365 as well as the Desktop version. I have uninstalled the desktop, cleared my cache, deleted everything in all browsers, changed default browsers since the authentication window uses the default browser setting and no go. I can log in fine via the web but these other logins are no-go. Please help. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @davehub,

Have you gone through the troubleshooting steps in this resource

Additionally, if you are still stuck, can you share screenshots of where you are getting stuck? 

The more screenshots, details and information you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
12 Replies 12
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @davehub,

Have you gone through the troubleshooting steps in this resource

Additionally, if you are still stuck, can you share screenshots of where you are getting stuck? 

The more screenshots, details and information you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
aocrm

SOLVE

I have exactly the same problem. Followed ALL the steps in the troubleshooting guide, including setting up trusted sites. Still no luck. Any suggestions ?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @aocrm

Can you please send along a screenshot of where you are getting stuck? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
aocrm

SOLVE

I am able to login by goign to login.hubspot.com and using the same credentials.I am able to login by goign to login.hubspot.com and using the same credentials.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @aocrm,

Thank you for the screenshot! 

Have you tried the login steps outlined here?

Additionally, can you please try the steps outlined in this article?

Finally, can you please confirm you have sales permissions for your user in your portal? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
aocrm

SOLVE

First artical - YES - The only difference was - allow popups (your article said to block them - I had it open) - changed that no joy 

second article - only have 1 account in hubspot - just trying to set it up.

Third one - tryign to figure it out I was going through set up steps and next step was outlook set up. I can login by using Chrome and going directly to login.......

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @aocrm,

Can you please send along a screenshot of your privacy settings within Internet Explorer? 

Additionally, have you tried deleting and readding the extension since updating your privacy settings? Sometimes it takes a restart to enforce the new settings.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
aocrm

SOLVE

hubspot2.png

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks @aocrm

One other question for you: do you mind confirm you've cleared your cache and cookies in Internet Explorer as opposed to chrome? 

Just want to confirm. 🙂

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
aocrm

SOLVE

Yep, made sure of that several dozen times. Also going to https://app.hubspot.com/login/

in chrome - logs me in PERFECTLY. Doing it in ie11 - give me the same bloody error messge. Any other ideas - i am getting ready to give up, but i really wanted to try to use this tool

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thank you for confirming @aocrm!

I understand your frustrations and appreciate your patience and help in working towards a resolution. 

If you are experiencing issues when just logging into HubSpot through IE 11, let's work on resolving that issue, as the Outlook extension does run on IE, and therefore the two issues may stem from the same root cause. 

One thing worth noting is that if you have compatibility mode enabled in IE11, it will cause issues when working with HubSpot. You can resolve this issue by following the steps outlined here

Additionally, can you collect a har file from the login process within IE11. There are instructions for how to get this file in IE here. You can direct message me the file once it's collected. 

Finally, if you can record a video from the login process through IE, that would be great. 

Additionally, I am also seeing an inbox error for the inbox you're trying to log in with. It looks like there is a different inbox that has been successfully connected to your account, however. I would recommend disconnecting this inbox, if it is showing as connected, and going through the log in steps. Or, if you are using the other inbox, I would recommend trying to log into the extension with the other email (after going through the steps above). 

I realize this is a lot of information; I want to ensure we are working towards a resolution as quickly as possible. 🙂 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
davehub

SOLVE

Yes and I a not sure where it changed but now I get a little box asking me to allow the website is trying to access a site from my trusted list. Now it worked. Thank you. 

0 Upvotes