Outlook Sales Extension

imc123
Participant

Logging emails not working (Outlook 365)

SOLVE

BCC in Outlook 365 is not working anymore since today (not auto-populating).

In Message tools option the "Log this email to Hubspot" is not checked (tracking is checked).

The Hubspot Sales add-in settings are properly configured to log AND  track.

1 Accepted solution
imc123
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

We experienced the same black "halo" effect and slow loading.

Tried reinstalling as well before but it did not work.

On a positive note, all seems to be working again now.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
AnythingPrintca
Contributor

SOLVE

We've been having a MAJOR issue with this add-in for a month or so now.  HS email is set-up correctly (Uninstalled and Re-installed over and over), Both boxes are cheching in out Outlook outgoing emails and our email tab flickers non-stop and we get the - 

"Tracking turned off.   Unable to add tracking to your email. This is most likely due to a conflict with another add-in or security software."

It is becoming a daily issue which is becoming a major stress.  We've contacted support on numerour occasion with 0 resolve.

We've had our 365 connected for years and never an issies until the last few months.  Now it's all the time and very spiratic. 

Has anyone discovered a proper fix for this???

Please help, thanks!

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AnythingPrintca 

Thank you for reaching out. 

This could be because you have multiple add-ins installed and running at the same time. These are incompatible running together and cause issues.  This could also be because you have both the Outlook VSTO plugin and the Office 365 add-in, respectively looking like those: 

vsto.pngoffice.png

If this is the case, can you uninstall one of them following those steps

Could you try and disable also every other add-in that is installed to make sure none of those are conflicting? Could you reach out to your IT team to see if you have any security programs on Outlook or on your computer that may be interfering with our email tracking? 

If this is still not working, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about the matter you mentioned here. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

AdamLPW
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @imc123,

Just confirming - is this Office 365 desktop?

If so, the option to default to the "Log this email to HubSpot" option being checked is in Add-in settings.  

Open the HubSpot Sales sidebar and scroll down to the bottom.  There should be a section labelled "More" with "Add-in settings" in it.  Click this link.

Choose "Log and track settings" at the top.  Here you should see "master" settings for defaults to log and track email:

Annotation 2020-07-07 093502.pngAre these options both definitely checked here for you?

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
imc123
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @AdamLPW ,

Confirm, both option are checked.

0 Upvotes
AdamLPW
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Thanks @imc123.  So when you compose a new email, the BCC address doesn't get added at all?  For me, there's a slight delay between creating an email and the BCC appearing...

There's not too many options for this, and you have the correct ones selected!  It looks, to me, that something isn't right behind-the-scenes with your add-in.  Perhaps try uninstalling and reinstalling?  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
RJD
Participant

SOLVE

Experiencing same issue.  Plugin is loading VERY slow and had a wierd shaddow around it.  My log and track settings are both set to on but when the plugin finally loads (30 seconds) it doesn't have Log Email checked.  This is also not one of my "do not log" email addresses.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, nothing chagned. hubspot sales plugin.png

0 Upvotes
imc123
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

We experienced the same black "halo" effect and slow loading.

Tried reinstalling as well before but it did not work.

On a positive note, all seems to be working again now.

RJD
Participant

SOLVE

I agree - Everything seems to be working as expected again. 

0 Upvotes