Outlook Sales Extension

SAArts
Participant

Logging emails even though "Log in CRM" is unchecked

Hubspot automatically logged my email from Outlook even though the box "Log to CRM" is unchecked. To add, instead of updating the existing contact record, it created a new contact resulting in duplicates. How can I: 1) Prevent HubSpot from logging emails automatically into the CRM even though it's checkbox is unchecked. 2) When I do enable logging the email, how can I prevent it from creating a new contact record and instead look up the email address and update the existing contact activity?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
MOrtler
Participant

Hi @SAArts@PamCotton ,
i had the same problem with the email logging even though the checkbox was unchecked and the BCC email was empty. 

Hope someone knows what to do. 

Kindly, 
Marcel 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @MOrtler 

Is the contact added to the never-log list? This just prevents those emails from being logged as long as it doesn't include other emails that are not on the never log list.

This knowledge base here explains more about it. 

So it is still possible to log something that is on the never log if it includes recipients who are not on that list.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SAArts,

Could you please confirm by checking the email header, if this email was BCC to your account while was sent?

When you send an email from your mail client, add the BCC address to the BCC line of the email. The email content will be automatically recorded on the contact's record in HubSpot.
More information here.

And also are you checking off the "log" button in the sales extension when sending an email you do not wish to log?

1) Prevent HubSpot from logging emails automatically into the CRM even though it's checkbox is unchecked.

You can ensure the log box is off, and the BCC email is not added into the email sent

2) When I do enable logging the email, how can I prevent it from creating a new contact record and instead look up the email address and update the existing contact activity?

HubSpot will look for a matching value in the Email property. If a contact already exists in your account with the same email address, the new contact information will be added to the existing contact record.

Please ensure that the email address for the duplicated contact is the same email, if it's not, it is expected to create a new record into your account, more information here 

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes