Outlook Sales Extension

dalepollard
Participant

Logged emails not counting as activities

SOLVE

Hi all. New user here.

My system is logging my emails sent from outlook to the relevant contact and deal however when I look at my deals screen I can not get it to show as an activity in the last activity property.

Is there a way to either make logged emails count as activities or have a column for a propoerty which will show last logged email?

Many thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @dalepollard,

Thank you for your question.

When you log an email in the CRM, it technically only logs on the contact record, but that information is then fed into the Associated Deal's timeline.  The contact property "Last Activity" will update accordingly, but the system isn't currently set up to update the deal property "Last Activity".  Our product team is aware that this can cause some confusion and are entertaining the idea of making changes to the product, but I can't guarantee if or when something like this will happen.  

I subscribed to an internal ticket that our product team has for this situation, so if they make a change to the product or provide more information, I'll be sure to update here.  

Let me know if you have any questions.

Brett

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @dalepollard,

Thank you for your question.

When you log an email in the CRM, it technically only logs on the contact record, but that information is then fed into the Associated Deal's timeline.  The contact property "Last Activity" will update accordingly, but the system isn't currently set up to update the deal property "Last Activity".  Our product team is aware that this can cause some confusion and are entertaining the idea of making changes to the product, but I can't guarantee if or when something like this will happen.  

I subscribed to an internal ticket that our product team has for this situation, so if they make a change to the product or provide more information, I'll be sure to update here.  

Let me know if you have any questions.

Brett

OliverP
Contributor

SOLVE

This is very annoying... on the one hand you have training videos that encourage users to make view that track when a deal needs an acitivy logging and then when you send an email and log to CRM it doesn't class it as an acitivity.

Please let me know when this is corrected or provide a reason why you wouldn't make this change...

Regards,

Oliver

0 Upvotes
leveris
Participant

SOLVE

Looks like a system wide problem. Replies to me are not showing up in Sales CRM. 

dalepollard
Participant

SOLVE

My emails are being logged to the CRM however I cant get the system to report on this in the deal screen.

0 Upvotes