Outlook Sales Extension

JimOH

Logged Emails Have a Blank "Created By" in the Engagement Record

SOLVE

We frequently use the BCC function from outlook to log emails against the contact record in HS.  However in some cases the "Created By" property is not populated.  We use this information for productivity reporting so it is important for us to know who created the engagement record.  There are numerous examples of this but we cannot spot any pattern or reason.

Thanks for any help.

Jim

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @JimOH, Thanks for your post. "Created by" isn't a default contact property, so I wouldn't expect that to be updated automatically. In the cases where you do have this value populated, I would recommend looking at the Propety History in order to evaluate what source updated that value. If you see a user's email address, that implies that it was updated manually. If you're unsure of the source, you can post a screenshot and I'll see if I can provide any additional insight. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @JimOH, Thanks for your post. "Created by" isn't a default contact property, so I wouldn't expect that to be updated automatically. In the cases where you do have this value populated, I would recommend looking at the Propety History in order to evaluate what source updated that value. If you see a user's email address, that implies that it was updated manually. If you're unsure of the source, you can post a screenshot and I'll see if I can provide any additional insight. 

0 Upvotes