Outlook Sales Extension

jameshadley
Participant

Log emails but not create contacts

SOLVE

Hello,

Apologies if this has been answered or is deemed odd....

I wish to send my emails from Outlook rather than within the Hubspot portal; I have the requisite addins in place and all works fine.

I want to log emails sent to prospects and customers but do not wish to create a contact record for every new email receipient. This is because I also email suppliers, contractors and personal contacts and do not want a CRM contact record automatically created for them.

How can I log emails to existing contacts only? Obviously I would then have to manually create contact records where I did want to log the mails but this is fine.

Thansk in anticipation.....

James

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @jameshadley,

I would recommend upvoting this idea if you'd like to see this implemented in the future.

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
micahfunspot
Participant

SOLVE

100% agree this is needed.   Should be a simple setting to automatically create new contacts - ON / OFF.  If you are using the Outlook Extension the contact preview sections provides an option to create the contact in Hub Spot when you enter their email address in a new message.  If you don't create the contact and the "auto create new contacts" option is disabled then HubSpot ignores the email / contact.

Unfortunately HubSpot charges based on number of contacts in system so they are incentivised to create as many contacts as possible.  This makes new users like ourselves second guess the decision of choosing HubSpot.

ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi James,

This article should help. 

Best 

0 Upvotes
jameshadley
Participant

SOLVE

Hey - great!

A little shameless self promotion goes a long way.....

Your solution costs more than a subscription to Hubspot in the first place?

jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @jameshadley,

I would recommend upvoting this idea if you'd like to see this implemented in the future.

Thank you,
Jenny