Incorrect email notification for self views

Occasional Contributor

Hello!

I have been using the free version of the CRM and have the Outlook extension installed and generally it works well. However, the issue I'm having is that I'm getting a notification each time I open an email in the thread. It says the recipient opened the email, but when I look at the information details about where the views happened, it says it was viewed from my city/location. This is eating into my 200 notifications each month too quickly. Is there a way to correct this?

I'm running Outlook 2016 on Windows 10.

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
New Contributor

I have the same issue here. When I open up a sent e-mail in my Outlook (sent via Hubspot), the notification says that the recipient opened up the e-mail but that's not true... How can I prevent this from happening? Right now I'm not sure if I can trust the Hubspot-notifications.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes

I'm having the same issue here.  Has anyone figured out a solution?

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

@bethier1406 @ryan_anderson4 @LMulder have you seen this article which discusses how to stop self open notifications in Outlook: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email-tracking/how-to-stop-self-opens-in-outlook.

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Yes, but that didn't correct the problem for me. I was able to block my office IP address, but when I work remotely often so every new location I either have to deal with the self-open notifications or take the time to block each new IP address.

0 Upvotes