Importing the categories from Outlook into HubSpot

Highlighted
New Contributor

I've been having a difficult time cleaning exporting contacts from Outlook to be able to import them into HubSpot, especially with the categories in Outlook. I thought I would be able to link them by creating new properties in HubSpot, but I haven't been able to do this without having to do it to each contact individually. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Abi

Welcome to the Hubspot Community!

Would you mind providing some additional details about your process?  Are you exporting these contacts to a CSV file, importing that file into Hubspot and then mapping the properties during the import process or are your performing other steps? 

If you have a CSV file that contains a column called something like "Category" and next to each of the contacts you specify a certain category, you should be able to then map that column to a custom property in Hubspot called Category (you'd have to manually create this).

Let me know if this helps, or if you can provide more details/screenshots of your process.

Brett

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

I was able to add the categories in a single-line property. However, when I try to search the categories, I'm only able to search one category at a time. Is there anyway to search multiple?

Example:

Categories --> Contains: "Holiday"

*not able to search any additional categories*

Ideally:

Categories --> Contains: "Holiday"

Categories --> Contains: "Business"

*in order to filter out contacts, this would be helpful*

Sorry, if this isn't clear. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hello @Abi,

You can use OR or AND operators when filtering contacts for the different property values that they have.  Here is some information about using these operators.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you were referring to something different.  

Brett

0 Upvotes