Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Hubspot windows in Outlook too small on 4K monitor screen

Highlighted
Colaborador ocasional

I am using a high res 4K monitor.

The HubSpot windows added to the Outlook desktop by the add-in to faciltate user interaction with HubSpot are way too small when used on a high res screen.

Similar problems exist with many applications on high res screens including Outllook itself.

To fix this I have set scaling/zoom for text via the display settings etc. and this works fine for Outlook ... but HibSpot content is very small.

Is there any fix for this.

I am assuming that the HubSpot add-in/extension does not use the standard windows software library for its windows widgets ... hence they don't scale when scaling is configured via the Windows configs.

Help much appreciated ... is there are way to apply scaling to the HibSpot extensions in Outlook so that they are useable on a high res screen?

Responder
0 Me gusta
3 Respuestas 3
Gestor de la comunidad

Hi @john-dronetech,

Indeed, there would be no setting in the HubSpot Outlook extension that would allow you to change the relative size of the add-in window. This scaling would not be possible to configure within HubSpot.

We are going to release a completely new version of the add-in, hopefully in the first half of this year, which may help to solve this problem. In the meantime, however, it might be better to use a smaller Outlook window in order to access the add-in.

Thank you,

May

Responder
0 Me gusta
Colaborador ocasional

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you could possibly mean by "use a smaller Outlook window in order to access the add-in".

I've been working at the high end of the computer tech business for 35 years now and never heard of a way of opening an application or windows within Windows 10 that would utilize a lower resolution than the overall display and monitor settings that it's being viewed on via Windows settings.

Can you please explain what you mean?

If you do have a means of achieving what you suggest then there are many thousands of Windows 10 users on Surface tablets, and laptops + desktops with high res screens who would benefit from being able to open Outlook at a lower res and avoid all of the very annoying limitations of using Outlook on high res displays.

Apologies that this might come across as me suggesting that your wrong ... it's simply that I would be completely amazed if this were possible.

Responder
0 Me gusta
Nuevo miembro

i have the same issue with my high dpi laptop screen, both with the notification plugin and the outlook plugin

i was able to add this under the trust center code in the sidekicktray.manifest  to fix the tiny font in the notification tray icon

<asmv3:application>
  <asmv3:windowsSettings xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">
    <ms_windowsSettings:dpiAware xmlns:ms_windowsSettings="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">false</ms_windowsSettings:dpiAware>
  </asmv3:windowsSettings>
</asmv3:application>  

but i do not know where to put it in the sidekickdll.manifest to fix the font size.

can the devs tell me where to place this or just fix the plugin manifests for both plugs to tell it is not dpi aware?

thanks dave

Responder
0 Me gusta