Outlook Sales Extension

Jiri_Holoubek
Participant

Hubspot tasks should create calendar item in Outlook

SOLVE

Hi all.

I am looking for a functionality, which would create for each task I have done in hubspot (e.g. follow up with customer) an item in my Outlook calendar.

Ideally it should be a calendar item which doesn't block my time for meetinings with others (means shown as free or tentative) - I just want to see in my calendar I have to do something...

Any idea on that?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jiri_Holoubek,

There is an update on this! Tasks created in HubSpot can be synced onto Google and Office 365 calendars:

• Currently the integration is one-way, meaning that updates to tasks in HubSpot will update on the external calendar, but updates to tasks on external calendars will not update in HubSpot
  • Tasks displayed on the calendar will default to 15-minute increments
  • Tasks will display as normal calendar events on the calendar specified during the task sync configuration.

The HubSpot product team shared a longer post about this here: Sync HubSpot Tasks to Your Google & Office 365 Calendar

Hope this helps! (If you want to make it easier for others to find this information, you can help them by marking my post as a solution. I'd appreciate it.)

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jiri_Holoubek,

There is an update on this! Tasks created in HubSpot can be synced onto Google and Office 365 calendars:

• Currently the integration is one-way, meaning that updates to tasks in HubSpot will update on the external calendar, but updates to tasks on external calendars will not update in HubSpot
  • Tasks displayed on the calendar will default to 15-minute increments
  • Tasks will display as normal calendar events on the calendar specified during the task sync configuration.

The HubSpot product team shared a longer post about this here: Sync HubSpot Tasks to Your Google & Office 365 Calendar

Hope this helps! (If you want to make it easier for others to find this information, you can help them by marking my post as a solution. I'd appreciate it.)

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

mikebrown
Contributor

SOLVE

Very much a work around, I don't want Hubspot creating calendar events (unless it's a meeting), and I definitely don't need yet another calendar to manage and view.

Tasks should create Tasks, in the Tasks list!!

0 Upvotes
mikebrown
Contributor

SOLVE

Further to this, I created a workaround.  I set up a Flow workflow in Office 365 to create a task in outlook from the calendar events.  I then hid the hubspot calendar so I don't have it cluttering up my normal work calendar.  Still doesn't work both ways but will do until Hubspot sets up proper syncing between task lists

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Jiri_Holoubek,

I would recommend upvoting this idea on the ideas forum.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Jiri_Holoubek
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @jennysowyrda .

Thanks for advice, I have already upvoted idea in the link.

0 Upvotes