Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Hubspot sales icon greyed out in outlook

Highlighted

Hi All,

I have the Hubspot Sales 'track email' all greyed out in my outlook, I've tried to re-enable the add in and also tried to re-install the actual app but no success - the hubspot sales bar on the top is still greyed out. 

Can anyone help? 

Thanks! Smiley Happy 

19 Replies
JH1
New Contributor

I am having the same problem. 

New Contributor

Me too

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I had unclicked both the "Track Email" and the "Log to CRM" checkboxes and now I can't get it back up to re-enable/check those.

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @pdetlefs @JackHattersley and @JH1 . This is known issue that has popped up very recently. Our dev team is working on it now. I'll keep this thread updated as the case progresses. 

Thank you, 

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi all, 

This is an issue that our team is aware of and is working on investigating. 

I will update this thread once I have more information. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Any progress on this issue?

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @MartyCavegn @JackHattersley @pdetlefs @JH1

We've seen this happen when users have added the new Office Add-In but then disabled it. The older version of the plug-in won't enable itself if it still sees the new Add-in installed. To delete the newer version of the extension, take these steps:

1. Close Outlook
  2. Open a Windows Explorer window paste this into the directory: %localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Wef
  3. Search for CA0E68F1 and delete this file. The full name of the file is: CA0E68F1-FD94-4BD2-A38F-D48190F42F15
  4. Reopen Outlook

Please let me know if this works for you. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

cc: @jennysowyrda

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Ed,

I am having to delete this file every day in order for my hubspot tools to stay live (they are grayed out each time I restart Outlook).

This is quite annoying as you can imagine.  Any thoughts.

Thank you,

Marty

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @MartyCavegn  Can you confirm with me which version of the connector you are using? If you have an O365 address, you should be using the new version of the extension, and you will need to delete the previous (VSTO) version. 

If you do not have an O365 address, you will need to continue to use the previous (VSTO) version, and the new version needs to be deleted. 

Please let me know your ESP, and I will do my best to advise you further. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

0 Upvotes

Guys, 

Please can you fix this issue already! Its now been nearly 4 weeks since this was raised and its a big bug! I can no longer with ease track emails and log them to CRM becuase of this problem.

I am a O365 user and have the latest version and still doesnt work!

Making me go crazy here!

Regards,

An upset paid hubspot user

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

@Connor01  I apologize that the add-in is not working correctly. The issue recapped here is related to users who downloaded the new O365 add-in but then later decided to return to the previous VSTO version Outlook plug-in. 

If you are using the latest version of the O365 add-in from the Microsoft store the sales icon should not be greyed out. Looking at you back-end data, you are connected correctly and I can see that several email trackers have been created in the last few days (including 20 today). 

As a paid subscriber you do have access to hour 24-7 phone/chat/email support team through the support inbox; I would suggest using that channel for immediate support. In lieu of that, if you could provide a few more details and screenshots, I'll be happy to look further. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

So which is the "NEW" version? I'm very confused.Capturertgbtb.JPG

Hubspot advertises the Sidekick as "New", however on a separate post here I was advised to install another (the non greyed out one in image attached). Neither is working, no emails are being tracked.

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @73Oldie   Apologies for the confusion. If you have an Office 365 account and are using it with Outlook, you need to use the "new" (just released in the last two months) Office 365 add-in from the Microsoft AppSource. 

If you are using a non-Office 365 email account in Outlook you need to download and install the Outlook (VSTO) Plugin found here

You can not have both of them installed at the same time. (The photo above indicates both are installed).  If you do currently have them both installed, neither will work.   

Thank you,
Ed 

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for that. I succesfully uninstalled the Sidekick version.

However the emails are  not being recorded in Hubspot, even though the contact is connected and the tick boxes are selected in the Outlook 365 sales side bar for both tracking and logging the email.

Weirdly it is recording openings of the email but not the email itself.

Any help would be appreciated.4444444.JPG333333333.JPG22222.JPG

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @73Oldie  Hey! Great job getting the correct version installed. I see that Daniel is an internal contact. The CRM will not log emails sent to colleagues (internal employees) with the same email domain as the CRM user (in your case @qmaxpumping.com.au). 

Can you test it with a contact with a different email addresss?

Thank you,

Ed Justen

New Contributor

Hi,

What if I want to use my desktop outlook version instead of 365. The Hubspot plugin is grey in my desktop version.

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @jcj87 Only one version can be installed in Outlook. The version you are looking for is located here.  Scroll down to the section entitiled  Install the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop plugin (Windows only). 

If you are seeing two HubSpot icons in your tool bar, as in the example above, you will need to remove the Outlook Add-in in order for the Oultook Plug-in to work.  

Thank you,

Ed Justen

This is happening for me as well. I worked with Hubspot support but we couldn't find a solution. I am using online Office 365, so the version of Outlook is up to date. 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @DuncanRowland,

Can you please try the steps outlined here: 

1. Close Outlook and reopen
  2. Repair Outlook
    1. Go to start menu and search "Programs and Features"
    2. Click on the Outlook program in the list
    3. Click the Change button (next to Uninstall)
    4. When this process starts you’ll be asked to select the Repair mode, be sure and select “Online Repair” from the dialog

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes