Hubspot sales extension sidebar doesn't resize

Highlighted
New Contributor

When viewing the righthand sidebar of the sales extension on Outlook, it is very hard to read as it is too small.  It works fine on large screen (desktop), but not using smaller screens (laptop/tablet etc. - not referring to 'phones here). The size option at top of the sidebar allows the bar to stretch across, but the actual display doesn't alter size, just gets more white space around - so still very hard to read.    Whereas it'd help if the information displayed resized when moved across (right to left) , as I would have hoped. Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
12 Replies 12
Community Manager

Hi @Mossy2016, would you be able to provide a screenshot of your view of the HubSpot Sales extension in Outlook? I will then be able to provide more information on whether this is something that we could help with.

In addition, many install issues with Outlook are often solved by uninstalling and then reinstalling the extension, so I would recommend doing that first:

- Uninstall: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-do-i-uninstall-hubspot-sales

- Reinstall: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/how-to-install-hubspot-sales

Finally, often UI issues in Outlook are caused by conflicting extensions. In order to confirm whether this is the case here, I would recommend disabling all of your other add-ins by following the instructions in this article, and seeing if this allows the HubSpot Sales section to display as expected. 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi,

Please see screen shot below.  Example mail shows how stretching the sidebar from right to left has only resulted in increasing white space but sidebar display itself hasn't resized making it really hard to read on smaller screens.  I can only easily read it on a large screen desktop (where resizing isn't necessary). 

Thanks.

Screen Shot sidebar slaes extension.jpg

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Thanks for the screenshot @Mossy2016, before I give you more troubleshooting suggestions, did you try out the two steps I outlined above (uninstalling/reinstalling and temporarily disabling all extensions)? This will be very helpful in narrowing down the potential cause of this issue. 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi,

I did try steps recommended, but hasn't helped.  Problem remains...

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I have the same exact problem.  I am running it on a new surface pro 4.  please advise? 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @MattSunshine and @Mossy2016, I've already reached out to our development team on this issue. From what I can tell so far, it seems as though this is a known issue with the current version of the Outlook extension on certain screen sizes. I'm still waiting on a confirmation from the team, and will be sure to update this post ass soon as I hear back. Thanks for your patience Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

@Mossy2016 and @MattSunshine, I've just heard back from the developer in charge of this case - so sorry for the delay.

The team is actually in the process of developing a new version of the Outlook sidebar, which we plan to make available at the beginning of the new year. You can stay up to date on the new version of the extension by subscribing to HubSpot's Product Updates here: https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates

Thanks so much for your patience, and be sure to let me know if you have any more questions!

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Did anything happen with this?

I've had a look through product updates and couldn't find anything that mentioned the Outlook sidebar. Mine is still very small like in the screenshot above and I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling and disabling all other Outlook plugins (as well as trying my computer's system settings to make the text bigger). No joy.

0 Upvotes

Has there been any update on the Windows extension for small/high resolution screens?

Here is my screenshot on a Surface Pro 4:2017-04-23 13_15_30-.png

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @rudyor, a new version of the Outlook sidebar was actually very recently rolled out. However, it looks like your issue is in relation to the Activity Stream, for which there has not yet been an update. In your case, it would likely be best to look at your email opens through your Activity Stream, when signed into the CRM. This would allow you to view these activities in full size rather than in a reduced manner as is shown in your screnshot.

Best,

May

0 Upvotes

The original issue posted here was the sidebar was too small. I have the opposite problem in that it is too big. when working off of a 1080 monitor it takes half the screen.

I have done the troubleshooting issues. problem persists.

An oversized sidebar is exactly the issue I am having. No option to resize and it takes up half of my screen. Move it to my laptop main screen and it halves in size

0 Upvotes