Hubspot doubling up on Outlook and stealing the focus

OrriCQ
Contributor

I just recently started having two Hubspot extensions in Outlook, even though the com-add in section only shows one. Here's what my bar looks like:

Outlook Bar.png

The one on the right is the one that just showed up. It looks like it's a revision of the interface, but the old one is still there.

The sidebar also shows up with no way to close it:

Sidebar Outlook.png

It's covering up my Grammarly, which is a pain.

The third issue I'm having is that the pointer focus moves somewhere I don't want it to go. I'm not sure. When I'm replying to an email, I use ctrl+shift+R and then start immediately typing. That doesn't work now since the pointer has moved somewhere else. This is messing with my flow and I'd like to change that behavior.

Clicking the new Sales Tools button in the toolbar makes the HubSpot Sales window try to open but after a brief pop-in, it closes again.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @OrriCQ,

You have downloaded both the Outlook add in and the Office 365 add in. I would recommend confirming which one is better suited for your set up (see here) and keeping that one, and deleting the other.

Having both extensions can cause functionality issues so I would recommend beginning by removing one, and see if the other issues persist.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
OrriCQ
Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda ,

I thought one of them was for the online version and the other for the desktop.

When I look at installed programs I see Hubspot for Windows and Hubspot Sales for Outlook. Should I not have both of those?

I tried uninstalling the Hubspot Sales for Outlook to solve the problem, and both instances in Outlook went away.

I'll get IT to try to clean things up.

Thanks,

Orri

0 Upvotes
OrriCQ
Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda,

We played around with things for a while and now have uninstalled the desktop app. The online app now is pushed through to the app. The whole process was full of oddities, such as not requiring admin permissions to uninstall, but requiring permissions to install.

The online version says it's 2.5 in the setup panel when it actually is 3 in the app.

I don't have the desktop app anymore, and the online one is working, so things look good from within outlook. I don't have desktop notifications anymore, but I'll work with the Chrome extension.

Thanks,

Orri

0 Upvotes