Hubspot and Salesforce Outlook Add-Ins

SOLVE
SRowe

Does anyone use both the Salesforce and Hubspot Outlook Add-Ins? I can see Hubspot in my Inbox, but it appears Salesforce went away. I am having difficulty being able to include any other add-ins to my inbox.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
LaurenKennedy
Solution
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @SRowe! The HubSpot email plug-in takes over your inbox and enables you to log, track, etc. It's not designed to switch back and forth with another email tracking plug-in. Meaning, It's not just Salesforce + HubSpot, it's any email tracking plug-in + any other email tracking plug-in. 

I usually recommend that clients pick a system of record for communications and track all emails to one location. Usually, that location is HubSpot as not all leads always need to go to Salesforce but all workable leads need to be in HubSpot.

One use case I could see is if you have leads in HubSpot and customers in Salesforce with no overlap and you need to communicate with them both via email. If that were the case, I'd use the plug-in that you use most (ie 90% Salesforce, 10% HubSpot) and keep the plug-in that you're using the most installed and uninstall the other one. Then, you can use the forwarding address to add your emails to the lesser-used CRM when needed. 

Another approach would be the "addition BCC address" feature in HubSpot. You can keep the HubSpot extension and log all to Salesforce via HubSpot when by BCC'ing them to the Salesforce BCC address by default. You can access this setting in HubSpot by going to settings > General > Email >  Manage additional BCC addresses (all the way at the bottom).  You can get your Salesforce BCC address by following these steps.

Hope that helps!

Thanks @sharonlicari for the tag!

Lauren Kennedy | Chief Marketing Nerd
HubSpot + Salesforce Blog | HubSpot Directory Profile
People-First Automation for HubSpot and Salesforce

LinkedInFacebookTwitter

View solution in original post

Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

Thanks @sharonlicari 

I agree with @LaurenKennedy here. 

Hi, @SRowe I have not used Outlook, but it'd be similar to Gmail add-ons (HubSpot Sales extension). I think the problem is you're trying to connect your inbox with both Salesforce & HubSpot.

I'd suggest using one HubSpot extension to track and log your email to HubSpot via this extension. When HubSpot contacts sync to Salesforce, your email will be transferred to Salesforce as well. 

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost

3 Replies 3
sharonlicari
Community Manager

Hey @SRowe 

Welcome to the Community!

Personally, I haven't used both extensions at the same time. I'm wondering if our experts have any experience. 

Hey @Aakar @StefaniUAT @LaurenKennedy any thoughts about this?

Thanks

Sharon

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Aakar
Solution
Key Advisor

Thanks @sharonlicari 

I agree with @LaurenKennedy here. 

Hi, @SRowe I have not used Outlook, but it'd be similar to Gmail add-ons (HubSpot Sales extension). I think the problem is you're trying to connect your inbox with both Salesforce & HubSpot.

I'd suggest using one HubSpot extension to track and log your email to HubSpot via this extension. When HubSpot contacts sync to Salesforce, your email will be transferred to Salesforce as well. 

Aakar Anil
Marketing Technologist
aakar.me | @aakarpost | in/aakarpost

LaurenKennedy
Solution
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @SRowe! The HubSpot email plug-in takes over your inbox and enables you to log, track, etc. It's not designed to switch back and forth with another email tracking plug-in. Meaning, It's not just Salesforce + HubSpot, it's any email tracking plug-in + any other email tracking plug-in. 

I usually recommend that clients pick a system of record for communications and track all emails to one location. Usually, that location is HubSpot as not all leads always need to go to Salesforce but all workable leads need to be in HubSpot.

One use case I could see is if you have leads in HubSpot and customers in Salesforce with no overlap and you need to communicate with them both via email. If that were the case, I'd use the plug-in that you use most (ie 90% Salesforce, 10% HubSpot) and keep the plug-in that you're using the most installed and uninstall the other one. Then, you can use the forwarding address to add your emails to the lesser-used CRM when needed. 

Another approach would be the "addition BCC address" feature in HubSpot. You can keep the HubSpot extension and log all to Salesforce via HubSpot when by BCC'ing them to the Salesforce BCC address by default. You can access this setting in HubSpot by going to settings > General > Email >  Manage additional BCC addresses (all the way at the bottom).  You can get your Salesforce BCC address by following these steps.

Hope that helps!

Thanks @sharonlicari for the tag!

Lauren Kennedy | Chief Marketing Nerd
HubSpot + Salesforce Blog | HubSpot Directory Profile
People-First Automation for HubSpot and Salesforce

LinkedInFacebookTwitter