Hubspot and Outlook

New Contributor

Hello,

I currently use the tracked email function in Hubspot and it's linked to my employers Outlook account. I set up the Hubspot account and no one else at the company uses it. If I were to change employers (i.e. different email account) would I loose all the contact tracked email data or does that stay intact?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Community Manager

Hi @snobrdr1hb

The tracked email information is going to be associated with the portal, so if you were to change companies and terminate your portal, then you would lose the information. If the portal is only something you use, then you could create a new user in the portal associated with your personal email or new work email, and keep access to the portal (and therefore the information) that way. 

Thank you,

Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hello Jenny,

Ok, just so I understand this correctly as long as I keep my portal / account active (My Hub ID#) all of the data remains intact including the emails I've sent via HubSpot and are pushed out / linked to my employers Outlook Exchange account correct? I was thinking if the Outlook Exchange account was changed or deleted the emails sent via HubSpot would get erased?

I just created another user with my personal email, should I make that the Super Admin?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @snobrdr1hb

That is correct. All of the information associated with the contacts' timelines (including email opens, etc.) will remain in the portal. As for the permissions associated with the new user, if you do forsee this user becoming the primary user of the portal at some point in time, then I would recommend making them a super admin. 

Thank you,

Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes