Outlook Sales Extension

CJWhiteNZ

Hubspot Sales Widget adding Contacts to CRM

SOLVE

Iv'e been using the widget app for windows that tracks emails and current online usage of contacts.

A really annoying feature of this is that it automatically adds any emails that you track as contacts on hubspot. this feature is quiate bad when you are a newbie shuch as myself and like to track emails to suplier, competitors etc. but also want to email to your entire hubspot contact list.

Your suppliers and competitors getting recent blogs, deals, surveys etc is a bit annoying.

Does anyone know how to fix this without turning off the auto tracking feature

1 Accepted solution
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @CJWhiteNZ, this sounds like it's happening because you are logging your emails to the CRM. If you turn off the "log in CRM' feature when sending emails, it will not add contacts to your database. Then you can send to your entire databse. 

Alternatively, If you are using our marketing tools, I would recommend catering your email sends to specific groups of customers using lists and workflows. This way even if some contacts are added to your database, you'll be able to segment them and only send them the communication they want. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @CJWhiteNZ, this sounds like it's happening because you are logging your emails to the CRM. If you turn off the "log in CRM' feature when sending emails, it will not add contacts to your database. Then you can send to your entire databse. 

Alternatively, If you are using our marketing tools, I would recommend catering your email sends to specific groups of customers using lists and workflows. This way even if some contacts are added to your database, you'll be able to segment them and only send them the communication they want. 

0 Upvotes