Hubspot Sales Outlook Plug-in Not Working

New Contributor

Why am I getting a "this page requires javascript to work" error when I try to use Hubspot Sales Outlook integration? I have enabled javascript in my browser settings but still no luck.

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
HubSpot Employee

Welcome to the Hubspot Community @ISCworldclass!

At what point do you see this error message display?  Would it be possible for you to walk me through the steps you take prior to seeing the error message?  Additionally, if you could please provide a screenshot of the error, it'd be very helpful.  I'm also wondering if there is a missing Javascript from your computer - not just a browser Javascript plugin.

Sorry for all of the homework assignments, I just want to make sure I have a full picture of what is happening.

Thanks,

Brett

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi,

I recieve this error when I try to check the "Track Email" box on my Hubspot Sales plug-in that is located in the Outlook Ribbon. For some reason, this tracking tool is not communicating with the Outlook client. As for a missing javascript from my computer, this may be so, but I am not sure what changed because it was working for a few weeks prior.

Thanks for helping.

Regards,Screenshot (19).png

Peter

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Employee

Hi @ISCworldclass,

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the Hubspot Sales Outlook Add-in?  I know this probably sounds pretty elementary and it might not be the solution, but we have found it to successfully resolve some of the strange Hubspot Sales/Outlook issues.  

I'm going to do some research, but let me know if that changes anything.

Thanks,

Brett

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Brett,

Yes. I have tried this to no avail.

Best,

Peter

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Employee

Hi @ISCworldclass,

When you enabled/updated Javascript in your browser, which browser did you do that in?  HubSpot Sales in Outlook uses Internet Explorer as its default browser, so even if JS in enabled in Chrome or Firefox, you'd still need to make sure that Javascript is enabled and updated in Internet Explorer.

Let me know if this helps.

Brett

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Ohhh.....that might be the solution I am looking for. Do you have a description on how to go about doing that?

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Employee

@ISCworldclass

I found this article online: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-javascript/internet-explorer.  I'm not sure if it's up to date, but it might help.  If that doesn't work, you'll probably able to find instructions online for your specific version of IE.  

I hope this helps!

Brett

0 Upvotes