Outlook Sales Extension

WBailey

Hubspot Sales Outlook Add In, cant log in

I recently started using Hubspot Sales CRM both online and downloaded the sales add in for Outlook 2019.  I am not able to log into the Hubspot sales add in on Outlook.  Since experiencing issues I have read all of the online threads, unistalled/reinstalled, and tried other trouble shooting requests.  Not sure if the Hubspot for Windows pane has any correlation with the Outlook issue, but I cannot seem to get this product working and need help.  Below is what I am seeing on my screen...

Hubspot for Windows Javascript issue

Hubspot for Windows Error.png

Hub

Hubspot Sales Outlook Issue.png

21 Replies 21
FEB
Participant

@TiphaineCuisset it works again - I didn't change a thing. Seems like another bug has been fixed on your side. I hope we will get some more consistency in the future. Best and thanks, Florian

0 Upvotes
FEB
Participant

@TiphaineCuisset :

I did uninstall and re-install it yesterday after experiencing this trouble again.

Then:

1. I click on Hubstpot sales -> login ("Anmelden")

2. I login the pop-up.

FEB_0-1635412310103.png

3. A window very briefly pops-up checking my browser (edge) and closes automatically.

4. I get the new pop-up to login (Anmelden) again. Clicking on the orange butten gets me back to #2.

FEB_1-1635412524477.png

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @FEB 

Thank you for reaching out. 

Can you make sure Outlook is up to date

If yes, could you capture a HAR file and send it to me via DM? You can follow these steps to capture the HAR file (right click when you're in the login window, then log in and save the file)

if you can also make a video (loom.com is really easy to use) and send the video and the HAR to me via DM, that would be most helpful for the team. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

FEB
Participant

@TiphaineCuisset I can't log in again. Last time it was an issue with the EU data centre.

When logging in I get to see the (log in) screen over and over again.

FEB_0-1635334601575.png

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @FEB 

Thank you for your reply, sorry to hear you're having trouble logging in again. 

Can you uninstall then reinstall the add-in? 

If this is still happening, could you confirm if this is the exact behaviour you were experiencing this summer (your post here) or if this is different and which case clarify exactly what's happening this time? 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
FEB
Participant

@TiphaineCuisset 

1. Clicked on HubSpot Sales "Anmelden" = Log in

FEB_0-1628588981131.png

2. When logging in it mentions that IE 11 is no longer supported. I already uninstalled IE 11 and use Edge instead. (Again all worked while I was using my gmail address, but doesn't with my own company email.)

FEB_1-1628589103306.png

3. After logging-in this window appears:

FEB_2-1628589236478.png

4. When sending Email it says that email can't be tracked. Do you want to send anyway -> yes.

FEB_3-1628589311245.png

5. Logging isn't recalled.

FEB_4-1628589439202.png

I hope that helps.

Best, Florian

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @FEB 

Thank you for your reply. 

After investigating we realized there indeed was an issue in our side due to the implementation of our new EU data centre - this has now been fixed and you should be able to use the plugin now - let me know. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

0 Upvotes
FEB
Participant

@TiphaineCuisset 

Gosh, thanks. Finally it works.

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @FEB 

Glad to hear! Thank you for your patience on this

Best, 

Tiphaine

MSi3063
Participant

Thanks @TiphaineCuisset  for offering to help. I keep forgetting to use the @ sign to keep everyone informed. @WBailey @FEB @samiabid 

As mentioned above, I can confirm that I have no issues when using my US account, but only when using my EU account the Outlook Sales Extension doesn't log on properly. Somehow the Outlook extension doesn't find the EU system.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MSi3063 

Thank you for your reply and sorry for the little delay here!

Ok got it, thanks for the details. And you get the Javascript error when you click on 'Log In' within Outlook after having entered your username and password? Can you give me the HubID you're trying to log into as it seems you have several accounts?

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

MSi3063
Participant

Hi @TiphaineCuisset , @WBailey , @FEB , @samiabid 

At least for me, I solved my own problem. As mentioned, I set up identical accounts on the US and the EU systems. However, while still keeping the US Hubspot account, I deleted all users and just kept the administrator account (super user, with an administrator userid and pw).

The problem was solved once I added the users to the US system. The resolution of the problem is that users (with their userids as their email addresses) need to be added to both systems (US and EU) for the Outlook extension to work properly. In the extension, one can choose which system to use. 

Now everything works as expected and there are no issues, and is no confusion regarding the systems.

Thanks for putting up with my comments / replies.

0 Upvotes
MSi3063
Participant

For me, it's very straightforward. Everything works fine when I log on to an account on the US AWS (app.hubspot.com). When I log on to an account in Europe (app.eu1.hubspot.com), it doesn't work. What happens in the background I don't know, but after I log on to the app.eu1.hubspot.com account it's as if I'm not logged in properly, or never logged in. This doesn't happen if I log on to the US account. 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you @samiabid for trying to help here. 

Hi @WBailey @FEB @MSi3063 

Thank you for reaching out. 

I want to make sure I understand exactly what's happening here. If I understand correctly, you get within Outlook, the side panel is asking you to log in, and it does not work? Is that correct? Is there an error message at that moment?

When does the "HubSpot for Windows - This page requires Javascript to work" window appear? When you click on "Log In" in the side panel within Outlook? Or another time?

Can someone explain step by step what is happening? If you can make a video out of it that would be helfpul as well (loom.com is very easy to use). You can send it to me via DM. 

Can you confirm if you're using the Office 365 add in or the Outlook VSTO desktop add-in? 

I understand you have tried multiple troubleshooting steps before, but can you confirm you have tried this? (if not, can you follow the steps and see what's happening?)

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

samiabid
Participant

Hi @FEB @WBailey @MSi3063 

I would suggest raising a support ticket with HubSpot to resolve the issue. Please visit https://help.hubspot.com/

0 Upvotes
FEB
Participant

Agree, but I am still a free member, so I can't contact anyone from Hubspot.

FEB
Participant

I also have the same issue and spent hours trying to fix it - no chance. I also use Outlook 2019 - in the app it doesn't say that 2019 is supported, but older versions untill 2016.

The integration worked perfectly until yesterday, when I was logged in with my gmail address. Yesterday I switched my account to my corporate email and since then it doesn't work. Also before yesterday I didn't get a popup for the beta version (see screenshot). Also I can't select any/change the account in the right screenshot picture, nor log in (red marked field).

FEB_0-1627459041598.png

Hence I am never logged into Hubspot in Outlook.

FEB_1-1627459155156.png

0 Upvotes
MSi3063
Participant

I have the exact same issue, but I suspect very strongly that this is linked to the European AWS server, eu1 (app-eu1.hubspot.com). Previously, that means last week, I was still using the US server (app.hubspot.com) and everything worked normally. Then I switched accounts to the European server (by creating a new account) and since then the extension doesn't work as described above. I'm sure it's a HubSpot issue, because I asked a colleague, who never had previously installed the extension nor HubSpot to install everything, and he has the same issue. Thanks in advance for clearing this up. 

samiabid
Participant

Hey @WBailey 

Can you specify which browser you are using to complete the authentication process? It seems like a browser/windows issue as there's a JavaScript error in the screenshot.

WBailey

I am using MIcrosoft Edge. The actual hubspot crm website doesn't seem to
have issues. Outlook is not authenticating the add in and I do not know
why I am getting the Javascript error. Javascript is enabled in my
Microsoft Edge settings.