Hubspot Outlook 365 Configuration Issue

Occasional Contributor

When trying to connect Outlook 365, I continually get a "Sorry, sopmething went wrong" error

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Community Manager

Hi @mattscar

What is the email address you are trying to connect? Have you confirmed your email is hosted by Office 365? You can use this tool to confirm who hosts your email. 

Once you've confirmed that, if you are still experiencing the issue and can reproduce across different portals, after clearing cache, and trying in an incognito window, please let me know and I will advise on next steps. 

Thank you,

Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jenny,

I am trying to connect all of my employees luke.scarchilli@sandler.com and matt.scar@sandler.com to be specific.  100 % sure we're on O-365.  I have tried on different browsers (Chrome, IE and Edge) and on different computers.  I have also made sure cache was canceled.  Lastly, I tried to go Incognito with no luck.  Didn't see an opportunity to upload a doc, but it's the HS basic, "Something went wrong." screen.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hey @mattscar

I ran the email address through the tool I previously linked and it looks like your email provider is not Outlook. If you click here and put the email addresses you mentioned into the search bar, you will see that it says "your email provider is "proofpoint"". While your email client may be Outlook 365 (you log into Outlook to see your emails), your provider is going to be the system which hosts your email. 

I would recommend connecting your inbox through the IMAP connection and see if you are able to successfully connect through that avenue. 

Thank you,
Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

so much for being 100% sure.  🙂  Thanks Jenny, I'll give it a try.  

0 Upvotes