Outlook Sales Extension

JTaggart

Hubspot BCC

SOLVE

Should there be a hubspot email alias in the BCC field of every email that is sent out? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
JTaggart
Solution

Hubspot BCC

SOLVE

Still don't know why Hubspot started to log emails as default. Must have been an upgrade last year. However, finally found out how to switch it off.

You should have a Hubspot section in your toolbar when you create a new email. You can untick the "log to CRM" for an individual email. 

I prefer to decide what emails I want logged in Hubspot. There is a way to do that too thankfully. Click on the more options arrow in the Hubspot section in the tool bar of the create new email window. This opens up a HubSpot Sales PopUp, which includes Log and Track Preferences. If you untick the log email box HubSpot will no longer BCC every email you send to HubSpot. You can also add exception emails if that suits your requirements. 

It would have been useful if HubSpot had flagged such an intrusive new feature and provided details on how to get manage it from being an issue. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
JTaggart
Solution

Hubspot BCC

SOLVE

Still don't know why Hubspot started to log emails as default. Must have been an upgrade last year. However, finally found out how to switch it off.

You should have a Hubspot section in your toolbar when you create a new email. You can untick the "log to CRM" for an individual email. 

I prefer to decide what emails I want logged in Hubspot. There is a way to do that too thankfully. Click on the more options arrow in the Hubspot section in the tool bar of the create new email window. This opens up a HubSpot Sales PopUp, which includes Log and Track Preferences. If you untick the log email box HubSpot will no longer BCC every email you send to HubSpot. You can also add exception emails if that suits your requirements. 

It would have been useful if HubSpot had flagged such an intrusive new feature and provided details on how to get manage it from being an issue. 

jono5900

Hubspot BCC

SOLVE

Wow, great detective work JTaggart!

Although Hubspot is a powerful tool, what strikes me about their web presence is how sprawling and unorganized it is.

I've clicked every imaginable link attached to Hubspot.com and still can't tell you how to get back to a specific spot again...lol

So, no doubt one hand(programming/development) prob doesn't communicate with the others(UX, customer service, sales..etc..etc).

Which is why nobody from Hubspot prob knew about this BCC issue and why there hasn't been any meaningful help for this issue from their end.

Which makes your finding this key tidbit an absolute miracle.

Thanks again..

0 Upvotes
JTaggart

Hubspot BCC

SOLVE

Thanks Jono, there was another thread created by another user just before the hols. Same issue. Unfortunately, I can't find it to post the solution. If you stumble across it let me know. 

0 Upvotes
jono5900

Hubspot BCC

SOLVE

I asked the same thing but haven't heard back.....very odd

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hubspot BCC

SOLVE

Hi @jono5900 and @JTaggart

Can you clarify your question a bit? Are you wondering from a best practice point of view if the information should be included, or are you expecting to see the bcc and haven't? Can you also share how you are sending emails (through gmail, outlook, or another inbox type)?

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
JTaggart

Hubspot BCC

SOLVE

Hi Jenny, 

A Hubspot Sales update appears to have impacted MS Outlook. It now has BCC open by default on opening new emails and in sent items. Clicking on the BCC icon in email options does not stop this. I have traced the email back to our Hubspot Account. However, I would rather this was not visible on my Outlook by default. 

0 Upvotes
jono5900

Hubspot BCC

SOLVE

Very well said JTaggart..

Would be great to get updates on this..

J.

Hi Jenny, 

A Hubspot Sales update appears to have impacted MS Outlook. It now has BCC open by default on opening new emails and in sent items. Clicking on the BCC icon in email options does not stop this. I have traced the email back to our Hubspot Account. However, I would rather this was not visible on my Outlook by default. 

0 Upvotes