Outlook Sales Extension

Anna_fw
Membre

HubSpot logs every email and answer

Résolue

Hi everyone,

I have the following problem:
When I send out an email from Outlook and indicate I want to log it in HubSpot it does exactly that, however it also logs every following email, whether sent or received, from this email exchange which is totally unnecessary. It does this even though neither the tracking nor logging options are turned on for any email but the first one.

Does HubSpot do this automatically? And if yes is it possible to just log individual emails without HubSpot automatically logging every email that follows?

Thanks for your help and sorry if was already discussed somewhere,
Anna_fw

1 Solution acceptée
jennysowyrda
Solution
Gestionnaire de communauté

Résolue

Hi @gelflex-cc and @Anna_fw,

The forwarding feature is intended to log email responses that did not log, because the original email wasn't logged. 

If you want to only associate the original email with HubSpot, you can manually log the original email on the contact record by following the steps here.

Thank you,
Jenny

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

6 Réponses
gelflex-cc
Conseiller clé

Résolue

@Anna_fw I am confused?  You can white list and blacklist domains or people in your settings.  Why would you want the original email tracked and logged but you wouldn't want the follow-up?

0 Votes
Anna_fw
Membre

Résolue

Hi @gelflex-cc 

it is not even about tracking it's just about logging the mails
 I simply don't need all of them. I just want to log specific mails e.g., when I contacted someone new or re-contacted someone and then maybe log a second one in which a project was confirmed. I don't need HubSpot to log all the in-between mails  

0 Votes
gelflex-cc
Conseiller clé

Résolue

@Anna_fw HubSpot is designed to log all emails not segregate some. In our sales process, I need to know every email as there may be other moving parts and other people involved. 

@jennysowyrda what would disconnecting the email and using the forward accomplish? The goal is to only log some emails. 

0 Votes
jennysowyrda
Solution

Résolue

Hi @gelflex-cc and @Anna_fw,

The forwarding feature is intended to log email responses that did not log, because the original email wasn't logged. 

If you want to only associate the original email with HubSpot, you can manually log the original email on the contact record by following the steps here.

Thank you,
Jenny

gelflex-cc
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Thanks @jennysowyrda   WIll this work for you @Anna_fw ?

0 Votes
Anna_fw
Membre

Résolue

Yes this works! 
thanks a lot @gelflex-cc  and @jennysowyrda!

0 Votes