HubSpot in Outlook not logging e-mails

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello! My concern currently is that HubSpot in Outlook does not log correspondence i have into HubSpot despite the setting being turned on. 

What works:

* Basically everything but the e-mails being logged into the respective profiles with whom the correspondence has been conducted with. Basically I would have to use HubSpot web environment to have them logged and this is not productive. 

I am using Office 365 and Windows 10 with both Chrome extension and dekstop extension enabled. HubSpot sales version is 3.0.1.104 and BCC e-mail is custom. Debug reports can be presented, if need be, but not via this platform. 

Thank you in advance. 

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
Community Manager

Hi @Halcyon, getting some more information from you would be great. If you could send me a private message that contains a screenshot of the sent message that includes the bcc address, as well as the original headers and the debug logs, I can investigate further. 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I would love to private message you regarding the topic but I sadly cannot due to the following reason:

Untitled.png

Just to clarify, I tried another tab and ended up receiving the same result. 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

The problem persists. Would like to receive support in this regard. Current workaround is "company ID"@forward.hubspot.com and this is not sustainable but for the time being better than nothing. 

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

The workaround has been rendered unacceptable because in order to log the first e-mail I need to use HubSpot's own tools and the attachment system gets a 0/10 scoring from me. Current status - stalemate; I would love to begin operations with my team. 

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
Visitor

Hi!

Did you solve the problem? One of my sales team have the same problem, others work normally.

Please help ASAP.

Kindest regards,

Gregor

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Since we had 2/2 computers doing the same thing I did approach both in a slightly different way:

PC #1:

* The initial install was bugged from the beginning with Log in CRM on Outlook 365 not working, however, after a few days it went completely belly up. So what I did was clean up the old mess and reinstalled (used an installer I got from Google (be careful with this approach), which was slightly older but HubSpot's own system for setting this up is rubbish (I have already provided them with said feedback and hopefully they are working on it)). Either way a clean installation worked.

PD #2 (my own):

* The initial install Log in CRM just did not work but the extension did not but bug completely either. What I did was use the same installer I used on PC #1 but beforehand I actually cleared my Chrome extension and the Outlook extension itself. For the latter I also did a regedit and cleaned everything related to HubSpot just in case. 

Why I did not reinstall in the first place with said approaches is that I had limited amount of time to troubleshoot it and it is demoralising to have two non-functioning extensions right off the bat. 

In both cases I got the extension to work again just as I had expected it to. Now, when I want something logged, it logs. 

Hope this helps and good luck.

0 Upvotes
Visitor

Thank you for your reply.

It was working just fine with us from the beginning but, yesterday my co-worker informed me that her emails are not logged in HB. Today it is not working for me and my other co-worker, but for one it does work. We close Outlook and sign out and in. .... It is not working.

HubSpot support - do you have any ideas what happened here? Thx for reply. We need it ASAP.

0 Upvotes

Hi

I had a very similar problem. Getting a straight answer from HubSpot is like pulling teeth...

Emails sent directly from Hubspot are not recorded in Outlook's sent mail box. I have been informed by HubSpot that HubSpot's own email server handles the email and makes it look like it came from your own Outlook server; but it hasn't.

The bottom line is that there is no way that you can view outgoing emails by looking in your sent box in Outlook.

I hope this saves some of you valuable time...

0 Upvotes