Outlook Sales Extension

CharlieTG
Participant

How to overide "this email has bounced"

SOLVE

HUbspot displayed a note that my earlier email to a recipient had bounced. However it eventually went through as it was tracked that the email had been opened and links were clicked. Now, however, I cant send another email because Hubspot thinks it bounced once so its gooing to do it again.  How can I override this stop? Capture Bounce email.PNG

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
EmmaWashington
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @CharlieTG! The only way I'm aware of to manually override a bounce is to click the Unbounce link in the top left corner of the contact's record. However, if they contact has bounced twice, this option is no longer available. So it's a good option if a legit address just got caught in the crosshairs of a marketing email blast.

unbounce.JPG

Definitely a bit tedious, but perhaps creating an active list of bounced contacts and tackling them reguarly would allow you to stay on top of it!

Good luck!

Emma

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CharlieTG,

If you cannot unbounce a contact and you're sure that the email address is legitimate, you can contact HubSpot support, more info here.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CharlieTG,

If you cannot unbounce a contact and you're sure that the email address is legitimate, you can contact HubSpot support, more info here.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

CharlieTG
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks! I will keep that handy if I have further trouble. I have yet to come across the unbounce sign (see my response to Emma) so I will look if I come across another case like this one and see how it works out.

0 Upvotes
EmmaWashington
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @CharlieTG! The only way I'm aware of to manually override a bounce is to click the Unbounce link in the top left corner of the contact's record. However, if they contact has bounced twice, this option is no longer available. So it's a good option if a legit address just got caught in the crosshairs of a marketing email blast.

unbounce.JPG

Definitely a bit tedious, but perhaps creating an active list of bounced contacts and tackling them reguarly would allow you to stay on top of it!

Good luck!

Emma

CharlieTG
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks! In this particular case though it did not give me that option, perhaps because it eventually went  through. I took that as an encouraging sign and went ahead and sent an email this morning. The Hubspot email I got in response wasn't that it bounced but that there was an issue sending it, because this address has "previously bounced." I'm not sure that it went or not but the email record is showing on the contact's page, as if I had sent it. I will look at others during the day for that "unbounce" when I come across more of them.

Capture Contact Bounce.PNG

0 Upvotes