Outlook Sales Extension

GarthMJ
参加者

How to attached a non-word, ppt, etc. file?

解決

I find it extremely odd that you can’t attached type of file when it be PNG, txt, lic, etc. files, am I missing the obvious?

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
roisinkirby
解決策
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

解決

Hey @GarthMJ thanks for posting!

I can confirm that @Anonymous is correct in this case. The HubSpot Knowledge Base confirms in this article: What types of files can be uploaded to HubSpot Documents? that the files listed above by @Anonymous can be uploaded as trackable documents in the HubSpot CRM. 

This is not a bug but a feature limitation. I would reccommend posting to the Ideas Exchange to get a sense of demand from other customers who have the same request. 

元の投稿で解決策を見る

8件の返信
Anonymous
適用対象外

解決

Hey @GarthMJ

The following files can be uploaded as trackable documents in the HubSpot CRM:

• PDF (.pdf)
  • Powerpoint (.pptx)
  • Comma separated values (.csv)
  • Word Document (.docx)
  • Excel (.xlsx)

Could you provide some more detail on your use case here, what file types do you use/priortise in your business and why?

GarthMJ
参加者

解決

That is easy, the use case is; I want to attach the trial license key file to an email template, However all attachment in the template must be in formats you listed. This clearly doesn’t make sense to make a license key a doc, now does it. But I do what to know if they copy the file to their workstation.

0 いいね!
Anonymous
適用対象外

解決

This is probably worth posting to the HubSpot Ideas Exchange as a feature request. If the idea receieves enough votes from other users, the HubSpot product team will get a sense of demand for this feature.

To my knowledge the answer to your second question is no. Of course your files are hosted with HubSpot / on their servers, but they are not used by HubSpot. You might want to check out HubSpot's Terms of Service for clarification. 

GarthMJ
参加者

解決

Thanks but IMO this is a bug.

0 いいね!
roisinkirby
解決策
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

解決

Hey @GarthMJ thanks for posting!

I can confirm that @Anonymous is correct in this case. The HubSpot Knowledge Base confirms in this article: What types of files can be uploaded to HubSpot Documents? that the files listed above by @Anonymous can be uploaded as trackable documents in the HubSpot CRM. 

This is not a bug but a feature limitation. I would reccommend posting to the Ideas Exchange to get a sense of demand from other customers who have the same request. 

GarthMJ
参加者

解決

I think you missed my point, any file type should be allow to be upload. Otherwise this feature don't work 100%.

Sure it might be designed that way but IMO that is still a bug, there should be no restriction on file types. By having a restriction on file types it mean that I (and others) MUST have two different soltuions in order to support our clients. If this is the case then why use HubSpot feature at all, since it mean extra work for me.

You can close this post by say "it is by design", it just means that I will not use this feature as it is not useful to me.

0 いいね!
roisinkirby
HubSpot製品開発チーム
HubSpot製品開発チーム

解決

Hey @GarthMJ as you described, this working as designed currently. I will of course pass this a long, and research support/community correspondance to see if any other HubSpot users have the same feedback. Thank you for your posts. 

0 いいね!
GarthMJ
参加者

解決

BTW, I should also say, it limits the ability to use the email templates/sequences too.

0 いいね!