Outlook Sales Extension

AH4991

How do you add a deal to a contact through the Outlook extension?

SOLVE

I'm having some difficulty adding deals to contacts via the HubSpot Outlook extension. I have a large number of deals in HubSpot, however, none of them are available when I go to add them to a contact. All I can do is create a new deal, not assign an existing one. Is it even possible to assign deals to a contact through the plug-in?

Deals ScreenshotDeals Screenshot"Add new deal" is the only option"Add new deal" is the only option

1 Accepted solution
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @AH4991! No it does not appear that you can assign an existing Deal through the plug in. If you really want to start there, and you know there's an existing deal, you could create a new Deal with the word "Duplicate" in the title. Then go in to the Deals dashboard and Merge the two Deals back together. However, if you're going to the Deals dashboard anyway, you might as well just find the original deal and associate the contact from there.

You should repost this in the Ideas Board also. I'm sure others would appreciate this functionality.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
AH4991

SOLVE

Hi @Crystal_Hopper thank you so much, that's very helpful! I'll post to the ideas board now.

0 Upvotes
Crystal_Hopper
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @AH4991! No it does not appear that you can assign an existing Deal through the plug in. If you really want to start there, and you know there's an existing deal, you could create a new Deal with the word "Duplicate" in the title. Then go in to the Deals dashboard and Merge the two Deals back together. However, if you're going to the Deals dashboard anyway, you might as well just find the original deal and associate the contact from there.

You should repost this in the Ideas Board also. I'm sure others would appreciate this functionality.

Did my post solve the questions or challenge? Please mark it as a solution for others to find.