How can I exclude internal company emails?

I don't want internal emails sent by my team to be logged in the CRM. How can I exclude those emails, or emails sent to a specific domain?

7 Replies 7
Anonymous

Hey @JSturdivant you'll have to ensure that the 'Log In CRM' box is not ticked. 

0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

The official hubspot position is to have users 'not track'.

This just does not simply work. Once the track is checked off... it stays off for each subseqeuent email until it's turned on again. People forget, etc.

There simply needs to be an option at the org level for: DO NOT LOG (and/or TRACK) INTERNAL ONLY EMAILS.

Serious HR violations occurring here... I have an automation setup through Integromat to 'delete all contacts from hubspot with our internal email domain'. Runs every 5 minutes.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Is this a seperate integration or just a workflow process that you run?

Thank you in advance.

0 Upvotes
Top Contributor

FYI - the chrome gmail extension now fixes this by default.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I have instructed our team to keep from logging internal emails! It still happens very, very often.

We use outlook so a gmail fix won't help. I'm interested in any work around someone may have???

I have noticed that even if you delete that internal contact the message is still in the system in activity views. So I usually delete the message first then delete the contact.

Please, please, please, if soneone can give me some input to keep me from manually cleaning every few hours.

Thanks 

0 Upvotes
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Hi Wholesale-Solar - Could you share how the Hubspot - Gmail/Chrome extension fixes this?  There is the "never log/track" option and the ability to turn off logging and tracking emails as the default option, but is there actually a way to default not tracking internal employee emails by domain alone?  We're implementing now and found that salary info was logged to a candidate's email contact adn then to her company email address, which is a privacy issue.  Please advise.  Thank you!

0 Upvotes