Outlook Sales Extension

Gianluca
Participant

GENERAL company-Email integration (no outlook, no gmail)

SOLVE

Hello everybody.

I'm having problems with the email integration.
I'm using mac and would like to use my company email domain like, for ex., username@wncf-ltd.com, cause the @gmail.com cannot look professional to the eyes of a recipient and outlook for mac is not compatible with mac.
Actually I wouldn't like using outlook since I have everything on thunderbird as a mail client.

I've tried to use the both the
BCC: MYIDINHUBSPOT@bcc.hubspot.com from hubspot crm (case 1) and
MYIDINHUBSPOT@forward.hubspot.com to forward a received email to hubspot crm from my thunderbird (case 2).

Either I get "bounced" (case 1) or I get no evidence that the forwarded email (case 2) is recorded inside my hubspot crm.
Can you help to find a solution?

It seems so easy to be done, but it just doesn't work 😞
Gianluca

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @Gianluca the HubSpot Sales extension only supports Gmail and Outlook email clients. Here's a list of the supported versions: What email clients does HubSpot Sales support? Outlook for Mac, Thunderbird and Apple Mail are not supported. 

You can still use Gmail and have a personal domain e.g. @hubspot instead of @gmail. The steps required however are outside HubSpot. You will need to purchase wncf-ltd.com as a domain, and follow these instructions from Google on how to make a personal email domain. Support for this process is available on Google's Support Forums here.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Here is how you can forward replies to contact records in your CRM: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/do-email-replies-get-recorded-in-the-crm

I'm still unclear as to which email client you are currently using, and if you have connected the inbox to your CRM yet. 

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Our integration can automatically log your sent and received emails in the HubSpot CRM and it works with any email client (including Apple Mail & Thunderbird). We offer a free trial if that helps & you can find us on the HubSpot App Marketplace

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi @Gianluca the HubSpot Sales extension only supports Gmail and Outlook email clients. Here's a list of the supported versions: What email clients does HubSpot Sales support? Outlook for Mac, Thunderbird and Apple Mail are not supported. 

You can still use Gmail and have a personal domain e.g. @hubspot instead of @gmail. The steps required however are outside HubSpot. You will need to purchase wncf-ltd.com as a domain, and follow these instructions from Google on how to make a personal email domain. Support for this process is available on Google's Support Forums here.

I hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
Gianluca
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Roisin, please let me reprase:

Even though I already have a company domain,
I must re-buy it for/from gmail because I must use the gmail interface if I want to semi-automatically leave a copy of outcoming emails (BCC in hubspot: myid@bcc.hubspot.com ) and incoming emails ( forward to hubspot myid@@forward.hubspot.co ) inside hubspot crm.

1) Is my sumup correct?
2) Do you think that in a reasonable timelapse hubspot is planning to support other mail clients (like outlook for mac, or thunderbird, or email servers directly) so to make possible the semi-automatic or automatic log of email traffic inside hubspot?

Unfortunately I cannot grasp the gmail option "You can still use Gmail and have a personal domain e.g. @hubspot instead of @gmail" cause here in China Google is censored...

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @Gianluca

To clarify, for logging in the CRM to occur correctly:

- You need to be using Gmail or Outlook 

- You must have your inbox connected. Full instructions here.

- The email address from which you are sending the email must match the email address of a user in your HubSpot portal. 

The HubSpot Sales tool is designed to integrate with email clients, not domain servers. At this time I have no confirmation of a roadmap for Outlook for Mac, but you can track product udpates here.

Let me know if I can help with anything else 🙂

0 Upvotes
Gianluca
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @roisinkirby and thank you so much.

1 of 2 is OK)
I've read your link and yes, this step worked (wow!): from my thunderbird I've sent an email to JOHN's email address (ex. john@yahoo.it) and still in thunderbird, as BCC, I've inserted my unique BCC email address: in hubspot the email has been recorded in the timeline for JOHN. This is fantastic. 🙂

2 of 2) ???
What about the other way around? I still cannot manually mirror my incoming emails to HubSpot CRM.

In my thunderbird I've opened the reply by JOHN, clicked on forward, and in "To: ......" I've digited myid@@forward.hubspot.co .

Here is my explanation about the possible problem: "myid@@forward.hubspot.co" is maybe mirroring to hubspot... but where to? How can I instruct thunderbird to send this reply to JOHN's timeline so that I can find it later in the timeline? I cannot use john@yahoo.it, otherwise John will get an email that is not intended to go back to him 🙂

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Here is how you can forward replies to contact records in your CRM: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/do-email-replies-get-recorded-in-the-crm

I'm still unclear as to which email client you are currently using, and if you have connected the inbox to your CRM yet. 

0 Upvotes
Gianluca
Participant

SOLVE

I've finally got the manual forwarding working as well 🙂

Now thunderbird is in English, and secondly the timeline was from up to down, so at the beginning I haven't seen the successful forwarding hehe

Thank you so much :))))

0 Upvotes
Gianluca
Participant

SOLVE

Hubspot CRM, this is what I'm using, Roisin.
I cannot create an automatic connection between my inbox and my CRM because I'm using mac and thunderbird.

But I think I know the nature of the problem. I've just noticed that my thunderbird was set up in Spanish, so the header in Spanish cannot be understood while forwarding to my CRM.

Let me change the language into English, because I guess that hubspot will then understand to which timeline to mirror 🙂 If in the meanwhile you also think that this is the right direction.... encourage me please hehehe

0 Upvotes