Outlook Sales Extension

JEM
Participante

Forwarded Emails Not Showing Up

resolver

I have been working with HubSpot for a little while now and have been trying to add valuable information to contacts and deals by forwarding past emails. Every time I forward an email from my Outlook account it fails to show up in Hubspot in a contact profile, or create a new contact. Where it does show up is in my Activity Feed where it shows that the forward email has not been opened by xxxxxxxx@forward.hubspot.com. I have triple-checked that the forward address is correct.

I have read through the few resources I can find on this, but none seem to be solving the problem. Am I missing something simple? I've tried forwarding emails in different formats, from internal and external senders, with and without signatures, and most every way I can imagine augmenting the message. Could it be possible that something is wrong with the way my account is set up?

1 Soluciones aceptada
jennysowyrda
Solución
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @JEM,

I would expect the reformatted forward address to allow the emails to log. The best way to confirm this would be to test it out. There is a template of the forward address in this thread as well. 

Thanks,
Jenny

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
10 Respuestas 10
jdrosen
Miembro

resolver

Hello Everyone,

I think i found a solution after ready through everybody's comments. 

Here it goes.

go to settings, emails -> setup a shared email

Now simply either use send, cc or bcc to this email address and hubspot is adding the email to existing contacts or new leads. 

In addition to that, you will receive a notification to your sign-in email address. 

Screenshot 2020-04-22 at 09.11.53.png

ThreadsHelp2018
Colaborador líder

resolver

Hi @JEM

Just to let you know that we have developed a HubSpot integration that will automatically scan your inbox to find historic emails associated with your HubSpot contacts and will then automatically log them with your contacts. We will then continue to scan your mailbox going forward and ingest and future messages exchanged with your contacts. This might solve your problem and avoid you having to spend a lot of time forwarding old emails to your HubSpot account. Feel free to drop me a message  if this might be of interest. 

0 Me gusta
mhtrolle
Participante

resolver

Hi Threadshelp2018,

Where can we find that integration/what is it called?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Michael T.

0 Me gusta
ThreadsHelp2018
Colaborador líder

resolver

@mhtrolle 

I've attached a link to the HubSpot Integration Library here.

Best

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda

resolver

Hi @JEM,

The first question that comes to mind is are you sending from an email address that is associated with a user in your portal? The inbox needs to be directly associated with HubSpot in order for the emails to go through. 

Additionally the email headers need to be in the same format as shown in this article.

If your inbox meets both of those criteria and you are still experiencing this issue, the next thing that I will want to look at is email headers and example emails through screenshots. 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Me gusta
JEM
Participante

resolver

Thanks for your help Jenny! I am forwarding emails from the same email address that is associated with my user account. I'm suspecting the issue may be the email headers, but I need some additional clarification on whether I need to modify these.

I'm using Outlook and forwarding through the desktop client, in most cases without changing anything in the message. Do I need to replace the forwarded message header to the format in this article?

Here is a screenshot of a forward I sent:

Capture.PNG

0 Me gusta
JimA
Colaborador

resolver

@JEM  Even though this thread is marked as SOLVED, I think you have to dig to find the answer. As far as I can tell, simply put, your forwarded emails are NOT logging because your forwarded messages do not contain a forwarded message header that contains the phrase "Forwarded message".

I have the same problem with Outlook not logging forwarded messages. Forwarded messages from my Mac client, Mail, log just fine. The visible difference between the two is with the forwarded message header. Outlook doesn't seem to have one, whereas Mail inserts the phrase "Begin forwarded message" in the forwarded body above the original message header.

Which leads me to believe that the phrase, "Forwarded Message," is required above the header.

To get emails forwarded from Outlook to work, I manually type the phrase "Begin forwarded message" in the body of my forwarded message above the original message's header.  It's a nuisance, but works. From the examples shown, it looks like a simple "Forwarded message" will work too, though I haven't tried that.

All of which begs the question, how to get Outlook to automatically insert a forwarded message header that contains the phrase, "Forwarded Message"?

0 Me gusta
Intern
Miembro

resolver

Hi,

I've tried all the things you mentioned in here but none of it worked. I am using roundcube webmail to send emails

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda
Solución

resolver

Hi @JEM,

I would expect the reformatted forward address to allow the emails to log. The best way to confirm this would be to test it out. There is a template of the forward address in this thread as well. 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Me gusta
jdrosen
Miembro

resolver

Hello Everyone,

I think i found a solution after ready through everybody's comments. 

Here it goes.

go to settings, emails -> setup a shared email

Now simply either use send, cc or bcc to this email address and hubspot is adding the email to existing contacts or new leads. 

In addition to that, you will receive a notification to your sign-in email address. 

Screenshot 2020-04-22 at 09.11.53.png

0 Me gusta