Outlook Sales Extension

Tom
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Fixing Outlook Crashing with HubSpot Sales

SOLVE
  1. Paste the following filepath into your Start menu: C:\Users\%Userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Sidekick\
  2. Remove all files in the folder that opens up
  3. Uninstall Sidekick (if you see two versions of the HubSpot Email add-in in your programs folder, please delete them both): http://sales.hubspot.com/knowledge/sidekick-getting-started/article/how-do-i-uninstall-sidekick
  4. Reinstall the HubSpot add-in with this link: https://app.getsidekick.com/outlook/download
1 Accepted solution
Tom
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Commenting to mark as answered.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
29 Replies 29
Chase

SOLVE

Hello Hubspot Team,

My work has a paid Hubspot account for quite a few of our reps, and what's happening for quite a few of us is Outlook is crashing everytime you try to create a new email.  

At first, I had an older version of Hubspot Sales installed, so I went to the control panel, uninstalled all hubspot / sidekick programs that were on my computer.  Then I re-downloaded Hubspot Sales for Outlook, I have plugin version 3.0.1.101 now.  

When I open Outlook, the program runs fine until you try to create a new email, all of the screens go tranpsarent/white and a notice from Microsoft Outlook appears saying it stopped working (see screen shot).  The screen shot attached shows what happened when I clicked the "About" button on the Hubspot Sales Extensions, then clicked the "send debug logs" & the screen goes to that transparent/white and has then closes outlook, but this is the same thing that happens any time I try to send a new email.  Please Help!  Not being able to see what emails have been read has far reaching effects in my industry!  

I've tried what this thread topic suggested using the C:\Users\%Userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Sidekick\ – but this doesn't lead anywhere (maybe because we're on secured work computers?).  

Here is the screen shot of what's happening once you click "new email" or in this case "send debugs and logs"Sidekick.PNG

MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Chase thank you for posting here. 

In past cases where customers have not been able to find the aforementioned file path, posting it directly into your PC's Control Pannel rather than the search menu has been helpful. You could also try removing parts of the file path until the computer finds something, and then follow the reverse file path in order to get access to the file.

One reason why this search might not be leading anywhere is because the %Userprofile% section of the filepath isn't being properly replaced. You could get around this by replacing %Userprofile% in the aforementioned filepath with your Windows username, exactly as it is formatted in your system (caps and all). 

Another option would be to change your Folder and Search Options to show hidden folders (in the Organize drop down in Windows).

If none of this works, it might indeed be due to the fact that you are on secure work computers - in this case, the best option would be to contact your network administrator for help on accessing these files.

Indeed, this is a relatively common issue with Outlook, and almost every time it has arisen, deleting the files in this folder has resolved the problem. Therefore, we would not be able to continue troubleshooting on this before we are able to find these files.

If you'd like in-person help with finding this, you could also call into our Support line, since you mentioned that you have paid users on your account - given the context for your issue, the support representative that you reach should have no problem with getting on a screeshare and looking at this with you.

Thank you, and let me know if you have any questions on the above,

May

0 Upvotes
musika

SOLVE

I am not a windows expert: where and how do I copy the line C:\Users\%Userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Sidekick\

thank you for helping

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@musika I've made a screencast of the process, to help clarify this step: http://www.screencast.com/t/cRP24l0y0bQ. Hope it helps!

musika

SOLVE

@MayPascaud Thx, I finally found something using the infos of @Tom and translating in french as I am using my computer in this language. I put the thread C:\Utilisateurs\parkra\AppData\Roaming\Sidekick\ and found the following items as you can see in the screen shot here. What do I do next?thread found.PNG

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @musika I'm glad that you were able to find this information, I will keep the language trick in mind if this happens to anyone else.

Next, as per Tom's instructions, you will want to delete all of the files in that folder, and then uninstall and reinstall the extension. He has provided links to the documentation with install/uninstall instructions above. 

Let me know if the issue persists after following these steps.

Best,

May

0 Upvotes
Chase

SOLVE

May,

Not sure if you we're meaning to mention me in this.  My company fixed our issue with Hubspot; our IT department had a blast trying to figure out that one and fix it but they got it!  It wasn't an issue listed in this thread, I belive it had to do with our private network (but i'm no expert, so don't quote me on that).  

Thanks for the help!

-Chase

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

So sorry, I meant to @ mention another user - very glad your problem was resolved though! 🙂

0 Upvotes
Tom
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Commenting to mark as answered.

0 Upvotes