False Positives and Other issues

Jspeck
Participant

Hi,

I recently updated my computer and my Hubspot email tracking plugin for Outlook is giving me trouble. To be clear, this happened earlier this year and Hubspot support was able to fix it.

I'm getting false positives on email opens and it's not just from sending on my desktop and opening on my phone. I'm immediately getting notifications that my email is opened by the recipient, even though it's showing my location and desktop.

Also, I'm automatically logged out of the notifications, so have to sign back in every time. Additionally, the plugin has been nearly crashing Outlook everytime it starts up, even though I've regularly updated the plugin whenever prompted.

Please advise! 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hey @Jspeck

In regards to the false notifications, have you seen this thread which discusses false notifications: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Mobile-Application/How-to-avoid-false-positives-in-email-opens-trac....

For Outlook crashing, I'd recommend checking out these troubleshooting steps: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Outlook-Sales-Extension/Fixing-Outlook-Crashing-with-HubSpot-Sales/...

Thank you, 

Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes
JohnD

I'm having an issue with false positives that I'm hoping someone can clarify.

I sent a test email from my email to an independent email account that I then went to access through my gmail app on my phone.

I received a tracking notification to say that email had been opened the moment I opened the email client, without opening the actual email.

Is there something that can be done to prevent this from happening and only track an open once the email is actually opened?

Thanks

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @JohnD

Depending on the settings in your inbox and whether you have bots or firewalls in place to scan emails, or if your company uses dynamic IP addresses to send emails, these could be why you are recieving the notifications when opening your inbox. I'd recommend starting with the resources available including the thread posted above (or here), as well as this article which discusses self notifications in Outlook. 

Thank you, 

Jenny

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
0 Upvotes