Outlook Sales Extension

Skatoaster
Participant

Extension is Broken for Outlook 365

Our team uses Microsoft 365 and I've had the extension installed for many years without fail. Last week the extension started malfunctioning to the point that it's unusable and I've had to remove it completely which is bad news.

• With the extention "Pinned" in the Outlook web application it will interfere when you are trying to Compose a new message. Normally, you would opt "New Mail" which opens a new email message with the message cursor in the "To" field which is to be expected no matter what email service you use. 
  • Now, with the Hubspot Extension "Pinned" the cursor moves all the way to the bottom of the message, below the signature line, which is extremely aggravating and disrupts the entire workflow.
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling the extension doesn't correct the behaviour. 

Basically, I'm dead in the water with Hubspot which stinks because we have a new Marketing Director who is interested in the Paid Version. This is very unfortunate and I'm frustrated. I love Hubspot but this extension is sloppy and I can't see paying for this service if that's the best that your dev team can offer. 

5 Replies 5
EHuston

I am having similar issues that started a few weeks ago as well, and cannot find any support from Hubspot to address.

0 Upvotes
VPolonis
Participant

Hi, 

We've been having this problem for a few weeks, I made a thread about it last week but it hasn't been resolved. There are others experiencing this as well. A temporary solution would be to open and close Sales Tool for each email just for the bcc link to appear. Then the email loggs but you have to do this for each email, which stinks if you also send many of them every day. Hope we get a temporary solution soon. 

VPolonis
Participant

Hi @Skatoaster,

Just made a Windows update and the extension problem is gone. I tried updating before but it didn't help so check if the recent one works for you 😊

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Skatoaster,

Thank you for your product feedback.

I apologize for any data or business impact this may be causing. 

In order to look further into this for you, can you please help me with the following information: 
1) Can you confirm that you're using the Outlook 365 Extension (Add-In) for Outlook

2) Do you experience this behavior on different web browsers? Are other members of your team experiencing this behavior as well? 

3) Can you please grab a screen recording of this behavior in your browser please? Make sure to hide any sensitive data in your recording as this is a public forum. Thank you! 

Best,

Kristen 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
Skatoaster
Participant

Confirmed for Both: Using the 365 Extension

My Machine and Coworker: Win 11 Pro

My Machine: Same behavior on MS Edge and Chrome, even after reinstall of extension

Coworker: Not experiencing the behavior before or after resinstall of extension

My Machine:
Microsoft Edge for Business
Version 119.0.2151.58 (Official build) (64-bit)
Google Chrome
Version 119.0.6045.124 (Official Build) (64-bit)
My Coworker:
only uses Chrome
Version 119.0.6045.124 (Official Build) (64-bit)

After some testing on both machines, this behavior is only happening on My Machine when extension settings are set to both Track and Log.

Click on "New Mail" to compose message. New message opens and cursor moves below Signature line.

1. Signature Line / Inserted auto via Outlook

2. See the Cursor placement below Sig line

HS_ERROR.png

With the "Track Email Opens" changed, un-selected, in the Settings prior to composing a new email, the behavior goes away, composition functions normally, with the Cursor in the "To" field

HS_WORKING.png