Outlook Sales Extension

Herbertsi1027

Error on (re)installing HubSpot Plug-in for Outlook (latest version issue?)

Hi,

My Outlook failed to auto install the latest version of this plugin, citing issues to connect to "https://dl.getsideclick.com/outlook/vsto/Sidekick.vsto "

I went for uninstalling the app and followed ALL suggestions listed in this official technical advice but the system still gives the same error message.

2020-11-18_7-45-02.png 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/an-error-occurred-attempting-to-install-hubspot-sales-in-outl...

Can someone else suggest other method works? (do i need to install it using admin role?)

Btw, my 2+ year experience using the Outlook plug-in (Sidekick) is quite buggy in terms of installation/auto-update with a dated network setup (still using the Internet Explorer to config?). Would HubSpot upgrade the plug-in and end this prolonged pain to everyone?

(Update 1: Additional log)

The following properties have been set:
Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [InstallMode] = HomeSite {string}
Property: [NTProductType] = 1 {int}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 10.0.0 {version}
Running checks for package 'Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x86 and x64)', phase BuildList
Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VSTO Runtime Setup\v4'
Read string value '10.0.60828'
Setting value '10.0.60828 {string}' for property 'VSTORuntimeVersionOfficeInstalled'
Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VSTO Runtime Setup\v4R'
Read string value '10.0.60724'
Setting value '10.0.60724 {string}' for property 'VSTORuntimeVersionInstalled'
The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x86 and x64)':
Property: [VSTORuntimeVersionInstalled] = 10.0.60724 {string}
Property: [VSTORuntimeVersionOfficeInstalled] = 10.0.60828 {string}
Running checks for command 'VSTOR40\vstor_redist.exe'
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VSTORuntimeVersionInstalled' and value '10.0.50903': true
Result of checks for command 'VSTOR40\vstor_redist.exe' is 'Bypass'
'Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x86 and x64)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Launching Application.
URLDownloadToCacheFile failed with HRESULT '-2146697211'
Error: An error occurred trying to download 'https://dl.getsidekick.com/outlook/vsto/Sidekick.vsto'.

(Update 2)

It seems Microsoft latest patch on .Net 3.5 and 4.8 change backend workflow for ClickOnce, and Regedit for ClickOnce is no longer available.

(\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\.NETFramework\Security\TrustManager\PromptingLevel)

Reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4576478/kb4576478-cumulative-update-for-net-framework

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/deployment/how-to-configure-the-clickonce-trust-prompt... 

Herbert  

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
Ministry15

We are having exactly the same issue. We have been able to succesfully re-install the add-in....it works for a few hours and then crashes again. I can only assume that something in a recent update to either Hubspot or Outlook is causing some kind of conflict. Hopefully enough people report it so a fix can be foound.

0 Upvotes
MWinkle

Hello, Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm having the exact and I mean exact issue.  It is maddening as it may work for a few hours, then it crashes. I have then have the same exact errors you had. HELP!!!

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @MWinkle in order for us to continue investigating, could you please provide what version of outlook you are currently using? I would like to share this knowledge base here with more details.

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Ministry15,

Could you please provide us more information on what extension version you are currently using and the Outlook version as well.

Thank you,

Pam

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Herbertsi1027,

I would recommend removing the extension and reinstalling again following the correct Outlook version you have installed.

More information here 

Let us know how that works.

Thank you,

Pam

Herbertsi1027

Hi Pam,

I tried all the methods you mentioned do not work for my case. I also did a full repair of my Outlook but still cannot solve the issue.

Besides, I wonder even I uninstalled the plugin the the plugin still appears as add on of my Outlook (even after my Outlook repair).

Please help.2020-11-20_8-34-29.png

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Herbertsi1027 

Wanted to share the steps to permanently disable or remove an add-in.

To disable or remove an add-in follow these steps:

1. Click File > Options > Add-ins

2. Towards the bottom of the window, where it says Manage, click the Go button

3. In the dialog box, select the add-ins you want to disable or remove

4. To disable the add-in, just uncheck the box in front of its name. To uninstall the add-in select it and click Remove

5. Click OK to save your changes and return to your document

After following these steps do you still seeing the HubSpot extension?

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
Herbertsi1027

Hi, thanks for your suggestion to remove the add-in and it works.

However, when I reinstall the latest version of the Sidekick plugin i download from HubSpot (1.0.0.199), plus cleared all cache and disable Anti Virus. It is still cannot not work.

I never tried using Admin status to install but it would be very absurd as it suppose to be a low-level plug in can be installed by everyone. 

Be frank,  I find such a plug in clashes between Sidekick plugin and Outlook happen frequently when the Office 365 rollout monthly updates. I suggest that may cause incompatibility issues. Please check with your tech team on that.

2020-11-24_8-11-45.png2020-11-24_8-35-44.png

0 Upvotes
Herbertsi1027

Here is the error message when I tried to re-install the sidekick:

2020-11-22_15-58-25.png

0 Upvotes