Outlook Sales Extension

Ascar

Error Message when starting Outlook 2010 - Highly customized Ribbon with hidden Hubspot Group

SOLVE

Hello,

This is for Hubspot's information.  Hopefully development team can address this.  I use Hubspot and for me there is no question whether to use it or not, or whether to track email opens/clicks or do it selectively - all messages are tracked.

So, I set all options to track messages etc. after that I don't need the Hubspot on the Ribbon because the screen estate is very valuable and I need the space for other buttons which I use all the time.  Hubspot block is hidden then.

This is how my Ribbon looks:

2016-11-13_193545.jpg

On the other hand I put a lot of stuff on the Ribbon and customize it highly.  Everything works and the only thing which gives me some some discomfort is that when I start Outlook or every time I change something on the Ribbon I get an error message and sometimes I get a bunch coming in a sequence.

2016-10-27_130530.jpg

I think this messages starts appearing only after I hide the Hubspot group from the ribbon.

Can this be fixed?  Can I do it myself?

Thank you

1 Accepted solution
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Error Message when starting Outlook 2010 - Highly customized Ribbon with hidden Hubspot Group

SOLVE

Hi @Ascar, thanks for reaching out to the community! You can choose to hide those error messages within outlook by going to Options->Advanced and unchecking the box "Show add-in user interface errors". I've included a screenshot for your reference. Let me know if this helps to resolve your issue! outlook_480.jpg

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
nicolebrenner
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Ascar, thanks for reaching out to the community! You can choose to hide those error messages within outlook by going to Options->Advanced and unchecking the box "Show add-in user interface errors". I've included a screenshot for your reference. Let me know if this helps to resolve your issue! outlook_480.jpg

Ascar

SOLVE

Wow, it worked for me.  Even though I know there are some user interface errors (minor?) reported by Outlook I at least don't need to click the mouse all the time to admit them.

I thought I knew almost everything about Outlook 2010 settings... Smiley Happy

Thank you, Nocole

0 Upvotes
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOLVE

Hey @Ascar this worked for me (thanks @nicolebrenner) did it work for you?

0 Upvotes