Emails sent to internal recipients hang indefinitely when domain is added to "never log"

jamesngc

Hello,

Outlook plug in for O365; company domain added as per instructions to "never log", and internal emails behaved as expected (not logged) until today.

Now emails sent to internal recipients hang indefinitely; if I then manually uncheck the logging and tracking options the email will send as expected.

On checking the configuration in Outlook Plugin > Settings the company domain has gone from "never log". Restarting Outlook hangs indefinitley which suggests the plugin is at fault. Restarting the machine brings everything back as expected and one email can be sent internally without issue - then the symptoms reoccur.

Any suggestions?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
gelflex-cc
Recognized Expert

@jamesngc  try deleting the never log and see what happens

Test this as I believe your internal emails are not supposed to log anyway.  

0 Upvotes
jamesngc
Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion but HubSpot logs everything unless you tell it otherwise.

Adding the internal domain to “never log” is the proper method as per this article https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/add-emails-and-domains-to-the-never-log-...

It worked fine until today when it had failed.
jamesngc

****Update***

Removing the wildcard domain option from "never log" makes this work again but means that I now have 100+ internal email addresses to log.

Perhaps somebody from Hubspot could advise why this doesn't work as per the issued guidelines?