Outlook Sales Extension

JKao

Emails are not tracked

So I sent emails from my Outlook for Mac with Hubspot add-in as shown below:

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 3.47.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-28 at 3.47.30 PM.png

However, when I checked the individual contact page on Hubspot, it showed that the emails were logged but not tracked:

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 3.49.14 PM.png

But I did ticked the "Track email" box when I sent out the emails.

How do I resolve this? Thanks in advance for helping!

15 Replies 15
MSanders2

Emails are not tracked

Response from support - 

I can certainly help you with this!Your goal is to use outlook add-in on a mac, is that correct? The Outlook Add-In is currently only compatible with PCs. But we still may be able to get an add-in to work for you - what email hosts are you using to connect your personal account to the tool- can you use Gmail or Office 365 perhaps? Both of those clients have add-ins available that are functional on both PCs and Macs, for information and download links click here.

If your current set-up is of Mac + Outlook , we'd connect the inbox via IMAP and send emails from the CRM, as there's no add-in available when it comes to the sales extension given that set up and our current product limitations.

CSmith3
Participant

Emails are not tracked

Thank you I decided to use online outlook and its working. For some reason the CRM will no longer allow me to send emails from it directly..  I think I need to contact microsoft for this.  Either way I have a work around 

Thx so much

0 Upvotes
MSanders2

Emails are not tracked

I am now having the same issue as well. Emails are not sending from the CRM. If you find a solution please come back and post it here 🙂

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emails are not tracked

Hi @CSmith3 @MSanders2 

Thank you for your reply

Regarding emails not sending from the CRM, can you clarify a bit more what exactly is happening? Is it when you send an email from the contact record? From conversations? Do you have an error message? 

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide the better we can assist!

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
CSmith3
Participant

Emails are not tracked

Hi
It’s from the contact records. I can actually send an email from the inbox.
What happen is I get an email in my outlook saying the email recipient did not accept the email

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emails are not tracked

Hi @CSmith3 

Thank you for your reply

This is strange, can you send me a screenshot of this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
CSmith3
Participant

Emails are not tracked

Thanks very much - I have done all that.  It was working and continues to log my emails in the CRM however it say I have chosen not to track even thought the tracking box is ticked.  Its a bug of somesort and other people seem to have the same issue..

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emails are not tracked

Hi @CSmith3 

Thank you for your reply. 

There could be a lot of different things that could explain this so I'll need some more info from you to troubleshoot. 

- Could you check if you are using the New Outlook? If so, we do not support it because this is a beta version from Microsoft and you should revert to the former version. Have a look here

If you don't have the new outlook:

- Could you send me a screenshot of your whole outlook being opened, with the HubSpot sales logo? 

- As well as giving me your Outlook version and mac version. 

- Are you using the outlook for mac desktop or outlook on the web? 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

CSmith3
Participant

Emails are not tracked

thanks so much I was using new outlook - it worked for a bit then stopped. I tried to go back to old outlook but there is no option for add-ins anymore so I just decided to use the online outlook going forward and its working
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emails are not tracked

Hi @CSmith3 

I'm glad it's working with outlook on the web! I found this for the Add-ins on Mac, I hope it helps. Otherwise I think reaching out to Microsoft would indeed help to figure out how to access to the add ins

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emails are not tracked

Hi everyone !

@MSanders2I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Technical Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and examples about this. 

@JKao @CSmith3 Would you mind following all the steps listed here?

Please also check that 1:1 email tracking has not been disabled portal wide in your account. 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

CSmith3
Participant

Emails are not tracked

HI

Thanks much for the response.  1:1 email tracking has not been disabled.  That first link doesn't go anywhere though 

CSmith3_0-1633534468474.png

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Emails are not tracked

Hi @CSmith3 

Apologies about that, the link should work now!

Best, 

Tiphaine

0 Upvotes
CSmith3
Participant

Emails are not tracked

I am experiencing this as well on MAC.    I changed email addresses at one point and the old addressis nowhere in HUBSPOT but when those old emails get opened I get notified.  It logs everything in hubspot though so can't figure it out.  It says I chose not to track even though I checked the boxes to track and to log. So frustrating

MSanders2

Emails are not tracked

Im currently experiencing the exact same issue. Emails not tracking in Outlook on a mac. 

Hoping to find a resolution soon ! I've been searching and haven't found anything that solved the issue.