Email tracking not working for outlook Add-in.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello. I have Outlook 2016 with the HubSpot add-in installed on my machines. When I receive emails from prospects in HubSpot in Outlook, their email doesn't not sync into the contact in HubSpot. Isn't the add-in supposed to automatically sync that email to the associated contact within HubSpot? Any help is appreciated. Thank you. 

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hello @alwalden,

Welcome to the Hubspot Community and thank you for your question!

Regular emails sent directly to you will not be automatically logged on a contact record.  The only time emails to you will be automatically logged in the CRM is when a contact replies to an email that you originally chose to log in the CRM.  

If you receive an email (not a reply to a logged email) that you want to log in the crm, you can forward it to your Hubspot Sales forwarding address: yourhubid@forward.hubspot.com. Here is some information about this process: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/email/do-email-replies-get-recorded-in-the-crm

Let me know if you have any questions about this information.

Brett

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor
Then what is the purpose of the forwarding address? Isnt any email forwarded supposed to be scanned to see if it was sent by someone in the contacts? I have all my mail incoming forwarded to said address.
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor
Sorry. My phone failed to load the second half of your message. I have it being forwarded. I will double check.
0 Upvotes