Outlook Sales Extension

PMacDonald1

Email address going into the name field

Hi Everyone

I am relatively new to using Hubspot.

We use the Hubspot extension with outlook.

The situation...

If we email someone from outlook who is not in Hubspot it automatically adds this person to the CRM.

A good example is when smeone (who is in our databse) emails us and cc's someone who is not and then the new person is automatically added (see below).

This is great BUT it puts the email address in the first name field. Obviously it does this as it does not know the first and last name of the person but it means that we have to remember to go in and amend accordingly. If we dont do this and then send an email blast the person in question will receive the email - Dear (email adress of person rather than their first name).

It is great that it adds the person BUT I hate adding incomplete data which then diminishes the quality of my CRM.

Does anyone know what I am talking about and have any thoughts/resolutions?

Thanks

Paul

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Email address going into the name field

Hello, @PMacDonald1 Thank you for reaching out! Was this contact created via the HubSpot Sales Extension? If so and as the setting to autofill information on the email is not turned on here the contact is created with the email address as the name by default, it is possible to edit this, guide on this here.

To our top experts @Josh @StefaniUAT any recommendations to @PMacDonald1 matter?

I hope this information helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !