Outlook Sales Extension

hludwig

Email Tracking

SOLVE

Hi, I am currently using hubspot in Outlook to track my emails however, I am noticing it tracks literally EVERY email even when I uncheck the 'track email' and 'log to CRM'. 

This is extremely fustrating as my co-workers are able to see every single conversation I am having and not the ones they should be able to see. Huge HR nightmare. How do I stop this from happening? 

1 Accepted solution
christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Email Tracking

SOLVE

@hludwig  There are one of two solutions:

1. Configure your log and track settings in the Sales-Add in extension to only log and track certain user types (net new contacts, existing contacts, etc.)

2. Configure user permissions in your Hubspot account so that your co-workers are only able to see contacts (and therefore email threads) of contacts that they own.

If this post helped to solve what you were looking for, please mark this as an accepted solution. Happy HubSpotting!

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
christopher-RVO
Solution

Email Tracking

SOLVE

@hludwig  There are one of two solutions:

1. Configure your log and track settings in the Sales-Add in extension to only log and track certain user types (net new contacts, existing contacts, etc.)

2. Configure user permissions in your Hubspot account so that your co-workers are only able to see contacts (and therefore email threads) of contacts that they own.

If this post helped to solve what you were looking for, please mark this as an accepted solution. Happy HubSpotting!

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

VCL001
Participant

Email Tracking

SOLVE

Unfortunately not a useful workaround. If we have 18 back-and-forth conversations off of one email, some of them internal to us, they all get logged. It defeats the purpose of the CRM by creating too much noisy data that is not relevant. We should be allow to define which emails we want stored to the CRM. Not all!

0 Upvotes
BWolfe

Email Tracking

SOLVE

My issue is a little different.  I used to be able to track e-mails and now it doesn't.  All the sudden i don't get to track anything.  I use Outlook 365 for mac if that matters.  When i send e-mail in outlook, the recipient recieves it, it is logged but not tracked.  when i look at the e-mail in hubspot, it says that it "chose to log e-mail but not track it."  it used to work and now it doesn't. 

0 Upvotes
SofiaLima
Participant

Email Tracking

SOLVE

Hi Christopher - 

I am experiencing a very similar issue here. Can you please give more detail and a step-by-step on how to change user permissions only to see contacts that they own?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes