Outlook Sales Extension

whatthej

Email Tracking not suppressing my opens

SOLVE

I'm using the Outlook Hubspot Sales Add-in on Outlook 2019 MSO 16.0 64 bit on a Win10 environment. Whenever I open a tracked e-mail in my sent items, it registers as an e-mail open in Hubspot. I understand this is not meant to happen as my IP is supposed to be suppressed. My IP is somewhat static (router keeps the IP generally the same for at least 30 days).

I can replicate this issue by:

1) Writing an email with Outlook, clicking on Sales Tools > track email opens + log this email to hubspot checked, send it to one recipient (with the hubspot BCC address automatically added with the addin)

2) Wait for the email to appear in Hubspot under recipient contact

3) Open email in my 'sent items' folder

4) Hubspot email opens increments by 1.

I'm not able to identify e-mail opens by country/IP, so I can't separate out my own opens. Are there any workarounds or any way to diagnose my problem?

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @whatthej,

I will be sending over one of our articles that will help you with steps to prevent self-open emails ( more information here).

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
whatthej
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks. I figured out the problem from your link.

Apparently there are 2 Hubspot add-ins for Outlook. I had the 'HubSpot Sales' add-in, downloaded from Outlook's Add-in directory (accessible from the Outlook ribbon). There is also the "HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in" which is an extra desktop app and this one seems to work better.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
ACarlaw
Participant

SOLVE

I don't think we can use that one as it doesn't seem to have the ability to tag the email against a deal at the time of sending. Bummer 😞 

0 Upvotes
ACarlaw
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there, just jumping in on this - our team uses the Office 365 add in as it's important for us to be able to log against deals when we send an email. A number of our members are experiencing the false opens when they open a sent email, but the instructions do not cover the 365 add in. Could you please advise how to resolve this? Thanks.

0 Upvotes
whatthej

SOLVE

I ended up ditching the Outlook addin and used the "HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in" which is an extra desktop app and this one seems to work better. It still doesn't have the smarts to figure out who opened the email, if CCed to many people.

PamCotton
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @whatthej,

I will be sending over one of our articles that will help you with steps to prevent self-open emails ( more information here).

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
whatthej
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks. I figured out the problem from your link.

Apparently there are 2 Hubspot add-ins for Outlook. I had the 'HubSpot Sales' add-in, downloaded from Outlook's Add-in directory (accessible from the Outlook ribbon). There is also the "HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in" which is an extra desktop app and this one seems to work better.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @whatthej,

Thank you for confirming what extension you had it. We usually recommend to not install both the HubSpot Sales Office 365 add-in and the HubSpot Sales Outlook desktop add-in on the same device. These add-ins will conflict.

Wanted to share this article here that contains what extension should be installed in your end.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes