HubSpot Ideas

mschnitt

HubSpot Outlook integration for MAC users

We have a number of MAC users. It would be nice to have HubSpot integrate with Outlook for MAC users. Is this a feature that will be available soon?

266 Replies
erinslyke
Participant

Do we know what the problem with Outlook desktop on Mac's is? We operate strictly on Mac devices and use Office 365. The inability to keep the pin the Hubspot Sales Tools add in through outlook.com is a major downfall and slows down the automation and tracking Hubspot was intended for. 

AKyle

I just put in a support ticket (8am EST), as we need to know asap what is going on. #9459077 i have no idea if you can check in as we progress with the issue. 

tcross81
Participant

Here is the response I got from HubSpot yesterday:

"HubSpot has previously recommended to revert to one of the supported versions of Outlook for Mac.

This is a feature request that has been submitted (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Provide-Email-tracking-using-Outlook-for-Mac/idc-p/56...), and is something we will need to continue to work through with Microsoft directly (which can be rather difficult).

I definitely see why this would be a great feature to have. I will pass along this feedback to my team and I can also suggest reaching out and posting on our ideas forum: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas Here, customers are encouraged to post and vote on ideas as our developers will look to these ideas when making updates in the tool. I truly appreciate your patience and understanding here and I will also be sure to put this ticket through as a feature request."

At this point you might have better luck searching LinkedIn and trying to contact everyone that works for HubSpot that has an important sounding job title. At my previous job a co-worker told me he did something similiar to fix an issue he was working on for months with regular HubSpot support.

radicalrob

I was "ok" to try Threads and maybe eat the cost of it. The cost would be worth it to me for the time it saves. However, I didn't complete signing up for Threads because it requires my email password! That's absurd...it should be using the standard app authentication mechanism everyone else uses that does not require them to have and store my password. Threads - you need to fix that!!

mauroconta
Participant

I have the same problem on Mac.

ThreadsHelp2018
Top Contributor

@radicalrob if you don't want to share your password (which we understand!) then we do support app-specific passwords. Feel free to drop us a line and we can help you get started.

mediPr
Participant

Another Mac user here. Why is the MacOS Hubspot mail plugin not a thing? 

KRhoads
Participant

O365 Outlook compatibility and syncing with HubSpot is essential to our business and impacts our sales flow. Please look into resolving these issues!

colson
Participant

I'm having the same issue. We have a lot of Mac users at my firm. Hoping another comment will add to the priority.

AKyle

I hope it does. I HATE the old version on outlook. We are debating goind with a new CRM because of this

colson
Participant

I think I might have found a workaround, but I'm not sure if it's reliable. From HubSpot support (and I believe on this thread) I was under the impression that the Outlook integration with the web version of Outlook would not work.  But I've tested it on my Mac and another user at my firm who is on Mac. And they worked. 

Has anyone tested it on the web version? Obviously still not ideal, but this issue has is requiring some sleeve rolling and creativity.

Rob_Steeves

Is there confirmation from anyone at HubSpot that this is true?

ALeaney

By not providing options for users on MacOS and users with Exchange Email adresses, you are potentially losing large amounts of revenue due to Hubspot not being able to work properly. This thread is from almost 3 years ago and to not have this implemented yet is concerning. Like the above user stated, there are millions of Mac users who are unable to properly utilize Hubspot because of the lack of extension. Please address this ASAP.

KMarkley
Participant

Hi -  Can you please provide an update.  This issue was raised 6 months ago.

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager

Hi, 

thank you all for contributing to this thread. I want to share a short update:

The new Outlook is not a version that we can fully support at this time and using the O365 integration with the new Outlook for Mac can result in known issues with email tracking. 

The recommended workaround is to either switch back to the Legacy version of Outlook for Mac (Help > Revert to legacy Outlook) or to use Outlook on the Web.

Our product team is aware of this issue and is currently investigating. This feature request has already been submitted in our Ideas forum (thank you for sharing @tcross81!). Upvoting here will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request. Doing so will also auto-notify you about updates from the product team & if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot. You can read more about how that review process works here

Thank you for your understanding!

Mia, Community Team 

AKyle

Are you able to reccomned a better software program so Macs can be utilized...Saves us time searching for a new CRM to move to. 

KMarkley
Participant

Thank you for the update Mia and I understand that this has been added to the 'ideas forum'.  Do we happen to have an ETA? 

SimonS1

Total nonsense that is not working...shame because it's a blight on what is otherwise a good experience. It cannot be a hard fix.

RHalfon

The new outlook for mac app has the hubspot add-in finally! But it still doesn't work for imap emails that are added. Hubspot add-in will only work if the email you are trying to use is the email that is the primary email on the outlook account ( which for me is a generic outlook_4098f0984) type email. This is a major buzzkill. Hubspot devs, please fix this and allow imap emails to sync to hubspot!!!

MGruber720
Contributor

Dear Hubspot, client experience is everything especially in a sales environment, getting insights on uptake on emails to leads, prospects, clients is invaluable and really not an option in today's competitive environment.

MS Outlook upgrade I'm sure has been in the planning for many months, likely even a year +, knowing a large percentage of your clients use Outlook desktop would think this would have been part of the master Hubspot-MS product road map.

As for workarounds ... seriously have you ever asked a sales team to change their behaviour bc software isn't working?! Rhetorical. question.

From the threads this has been on your radar for some time, even if you don't a dev date, certainly you can offer a date for a date.

I am still on the free version bc tracking doesn't work properly, I've asked for help, have not heard (email removed for data privacy) Now moving to paid version doesn't make sense until this is fixed.

HELP ... NOT HAVING TRACKING WORK STANDS IN THE WAY OF REVENUE GENERATION.