Outlook Sales Extension

JDavison

Email Tracking Not Working in New Outlook for Mac

Email tracking does not appear to be working in 'New Outlook' for Mac. The HubSpot integration is being used and both logging and tracking are selected but the email is only logged and not tracked.

I have tried emailing various accounts and it does not track. If you revert back to the 'Old' Outlook for Mac it works fine. Issue seems to be with 'New Outlook' for Mac.

MGruber720
Contributor

Dear Hubspot, client experience is everything especially in a sales environment, getting insights on uptake on emails to leads, prospects, clients is invaluable and really not an option in today's competitive environment.

MS Outlook upgrade I'm sure has been in the planning for many months, likely even a year +, knowing a large percentage of your clients use Outlook desktop would think this would have been part of the master Hubspot-MS product road map.

As for workarounds ... seriously have you ever asked a sales team to change their behaviour bc software isn't working?! Rhetorical. question.

From the threads this has been on your radar for some time, even if you don't a dev date, certainly you can offer a date for a date.

I am still on the free version bc tracking doesn't work properly, I've asked for help, have not heard (email removed for data privacy) Now moving to paid version doesn't make sense until this is fixed.

HELP ... NOT HAVING TRACKING WORK STANDS IN THE WAY OF REVENUE GENERATION.

SRuston
Participant

Great CRM this url on LinkedIn might be worth commenting on 

SRuston
Participant

Hi,

I'm going to email the HubSpot CEO or message him via LinkedIn. Failing that a public LinkedIn post and I'll share the url here.

Steve 

kvonloesecke
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SRuston and @MGruber720,

Thank you for your feedback. I understand your frustrations around this functionality. I apologize for the frustrations and business impact this has caused.

Please note that your feedback has been shared with product team and, as Mia mentioned, they are currently investigating this matter.

In the meantime, I recommend upvoting this idea and commenting your use cases on the thread. The product team actively monitors the Ideas Forum and will be the best way for you to receive a direct line to the team overseeing this product.

Thank you again for your feedback and understanding.

Kristen, Community Team

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
SRuston
Participant

Kristin,

This was reported in November and  the reply two weeks ago and lack of progress isn't good enough.

when can we expect a target fix date?

MGruber720
Contributor

@kvonloesecke I agree, I’m sure the product team uses the Community to understand needs and challenges, that’s what a Community is all about!

Based on that when will someone from the product team provide a time line to have this fixed or at the very least a date for a date?

I can only assume if the product team does not weigh in, tracking emails is not a priority feature.

@colson @SRuston
0 Upvotes
colson
Participant

I gotta say, I appreciate the escalation here. One of our sales leaders literally went out to buy a PC just to get around the issue. This shouldn’t need to be the case considering how much we pay for HubSpot.
0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, 

thank you all for contributing to this thread. I want to share a short update:

The new Outlook is not a version that we can fully support at this time and using the O365 integration with the new Outlook for Mac can result in known issues with email tracking. 

The recommended workaround is to either switch back to the Legacy version of Outlook for Mac (Help > Revert to legacy Outlook) or to use Outlook on the Web.

Our product team is aware of this issue and is currently investigating. This feature request has already been submitted in our Ideas forum (thank you for sharing @tcross81!). Upvoting here will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request. Doing so will also auto-notify you about updates from the product team & if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot. You can read more about how that review process works here

Thank you for your understanding!

Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

KMarkley
Participant

Thank you for the update Mia and I understand that this has been added to the 'ideas forum'.  Do we happen to have an ETA? 

AKyle
Participant

Are you able to reccomned a better software program so Macs can be utilized...Saves us time searching for a new CRM to move to. 

colson
Participant

I think I might have found a workaround, but I'm not sure if it's reliable. From HubSpot support (and I believe on this thread) I was under the impression that the Outlook integration with the web version of Outlook would not work.  But I've tested it on my Mac and another user at my firm who is on Mac. And they worked. 

Has anyone tested it on the web version? Obviously still not ideal, but this issue has is requiring some sleeve rolling and creativity.

colson
Participant

I'm having the same issue. We have a lot of Mac users at my firm. Hoping another comment will add to the priority.

AKyle
Participant

I hope it does. I HATE the old version on outlook. We are debating goind with a new CRM because of this

AKyle
Participant

I just put in a support ticket (8am EST), as we need to know asap what is going on. #9459077 i have no idea if you can check in as we progress with the issue. 

tcross81
Participant

Here is the response I got from HubSpot yesterday:

"HubSpot has previously recommended to revert to one of the supported versions of Outlook for Mac.

This is a feature request that has been submitted (https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Provide-Email-tracking-using-Outlook-for-Mac/idc-p/56...), and is something we will need to continue to work through with Microsoft directly (which can be rather difficult).

I definitely see why this would be a great feature to have. I will pass along this feedback to my team and I can also suggest reaching out and posting on our ideas forum: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas Here, customers are encouraged to post and vote on ideas as our developers will look to these ideas when making updates in the tool. I truly appreciate your patience and understanding here and I will also be sure to put this ticket through as a feature request."

At this point you might have better luck searching LinkedIn and trying to contact everyone that works for HubSpot that has an important sounding job title. At my previous job a co-worker told me he did something similiar to fix an issue he was working on for months with regular HubSpot support.

AKyle
Participant

Has there been a fix for this? I have not been able to track emails for a very long time. Just figured out I had to switch back to the old outlook. I HATE it! Please tell me there is a fix.

AGordon90
Participant

It's very frustrating that HubSpot hasn't updated the software yet to work with the new Outlook. Unfortunately, I failed to recognize it worked only with the old version and spent the last 4 hours troubleshooting. A lot of frustration after speaking to 2 HubSpot techs and reading/testing many different things. Please fix soon, HubSpot

jag1
Participant

Any update on this? This is ridiculous. My Outlook signature disappears and I cannot even get the tracking working. Such basic functionality. Please get your product team back from vacation.

ob241
Participant

Hi there,

Any updates on this at all? @MiaSrebrnjak when can we expect the "new Outlook for Mac" to be properly supported by the HubSpot add-in? I'm honestly rather surprised and disappointed by this, surely a huge proportion of your client-base are using this setup (myself included).

Thanks!

SRuston
Participant

Wait until you try to add Multiple Office 365 email accounts and have paid for Enterprise to get SSO, that doesn't work either. You have to turn off SSO, add the extra accounts then reenable it or you just keep signing into the account that you use for SSO. Hubspot really is poor and the testing seems to be very shoddy