Email Opens/Clicks on Activity Feed

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I understand and have accepted last year's changes to these features. However, I would like to know why, if I open an email that I sent, I get the following in my Activity Feed. "Someone opened email "xxxxx"". Seems like this could be solved by recognizing the sender or sender domain. 

I also find it useless when I get the same message if someone in my organization, whom I cc'd, opens the email.

Any thoughts?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Resident Expert

@rmoscarino remember there is one tracking cookie per email so if you are sending to multiple people then you set the "someone".  If you are "cc"ing a person in your team, do they need to be cc'd?  You could use the @ and their name in a note with please see email. 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Can you please clarify what you mean by "setting the someone"? That would be ideal, if I could.

Also, why does it track me opening the email that I sent, still saying "someone" opened it?

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
Resident Expert

@rmoscarino 

If you send an email to one person, Sally,  then there is only one person, Sally,  to open so you get sally opened it. 

If you send an email to sally and copy rob then you get the result of someone opened it as it was not a 1 to 1 email. 

If  you are u sing a mobile device then there is a false positive for opens. 

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately, that's not the answer I was hoping for!

I see false positives from opens on my desktop as well.

0 Upvotes
Resident Expert

@rmoscarino You would not see an open from you opening an email on the desktop, only those you copied. 

0 Upvotes