Outlook Sales Extension

Evelyncs

Email Integration for Outlook 365 for Mac not working

SOLVE

I'm using Outlook 365 on my Outlook for Mac app for an email account that is using my own company's domain name (not an Outlook account like hotmail.com or live.com). 

I've already downloaded the Outlook 365 add-in and activated it in my Mircosoft account.

I also connected my inbox to my Hubspot account under Email Integration settings which now indicates that it's enabled. I have a IMAP+SMTP Inbox type. 

I relaunched my Outlook for Mac app, but nothing has happened. I don't see any Hubspot integrations in my Outlook for Mac app - no menu options in the Tool bar, no options when I compose a new email.

Am I missing a step? Is the fact that my email is from my own domain and not an Outlook email a problem (e.g. hotmail, live)? 

I want to be able to track email opens and clicks primarily so I can follow up on leads while they are still hot. I believe this email integration is the way to do this, but if there are other options that work for Outlook for Mac please let me know!

Please help!

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Evelyncs,

It sounds like the issue is specifically that you can't view the HubSpot Outlook extension, is that correct? 

I would recommend going through the download steps to make sure you have it, and you should be prompted to log into HubSpot during that process.

If you are still experiencing this issue after following those steps, can you please send along a screenshot of what you are seeing in regards to the Outlook add in/where you are getting stuck so that I can investigate this further. 

Thank you, 
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
26 Replies 26
Evelyncs

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

I've installed the Outlook 365 add-in from Microsoft AppSource however it does not give me any log in credientials, it just says that it's been turned ON. See screenshot below. 

I've also connected my email in HubSpot as you see below: 

The following is my Hubspot Extension preferences: 

The email shown under Extension Sync is different because this is the email I used when I opened the account. The coexdesign email is the one I want to use for tracking emails. I'm not sure if this might be the root of the problem, but I'm unable to change the email in the email dropdown options, as it's the only one shown. 

On the "how-to install" link you provided me with, I noticed this alert: 

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 10.46.07 AM.png

I'm not sure if this means that Outlook for Mac is not supported because it's listed as a supported platform under the Outlook 365 add-in's Email Clients, so it should be supported. 

Basically, this is all I've done so far, and I can't seem to find a way to activate the add-in so it appears in my Outlook for Mac desktop app. Is this feature supported or not? 

To make matters more complicated, I'm using the coexdesign email (my own domain) and not an Outlook account, so this might be causing more issues as well. 

Is it possible to set this up? What am I missing? 

Thanks for your help,

Evelyn

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Evelyncs,

The HubSpot Sales Extension for Offic 365 is compatible for Outlook for Mac. If that is what you have downloaded, then that would work in a standard Outlook inbox on a Mac.

If you search for 'sidekick' or 'hubspot' on your computer, do you see any files on your computer? 

0 Upvotes
Evelyncs

SOLVE

No. There are no files that come up when I search for either of those key words. 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Evelyncs,

Thanks for confirming! If you aren't seeing the files, then it seems like the download isn't getting through, which is why you aren't seeing it.

Can you confirm with your IT team that there aren't any firewalls/security measures in place that would prevent the download from getting through? 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
blackhawk
Participant

SOLVE

I'm having the same issue. To clarify per, the HubSpot instructions, the Outlook for Mac add-in is not installed using the download feature. It is installed via Microsoft AppSource.

However, once installed this does not show up in Outlook for Mac. I have other extensions running just fine in Outlook so it seems to be an issue with Microsoft Appsource not actually getting the add-in into Outlook per the HubSpot instructions.

Help on this would be nice.

0 Upvotes
Sher

SOLVE

Were you able to fix that issue syncing Mac/Outlook/Hubspot?  I'm having the same issue and can't access my work email on the web based Outlook and also can't access HubSpot extensions.... Thank you.

0 Upvotes