Outlook Sales Extension

Evelyncs

Email Integration for Outlook 365 for Mac not working

SOLVE

I'm using Outlook 365 on my Outlook for Mac app for an email account that is using my own company's domain name (not an Outlook account like hotmail.com or live.com). 

I've already downloaded the Outlook 365 add-in and activated it in my Mircosoft account.

I also connected my inbox to my Hubspot account under Email Integration settings which now indicates that it's enabled. I have a IMAP+SMTP Inbox type. 

I relaunched my Outlook for Mac app, but nothing has happened. I don't see any Hubspot integrations in my Outlook for Mac app - no menu options in the Tool bar, no options when I compose a new email.

Am I missing a step? Is the fact that my email is from my own domain and not an Outlook email a problem (e.g. hotmail, live)? 

I want to be able to track email opens and clicks primarily so I can follow up on leads while they are still hot. I believe this email integration is the way to do this, but if there are other options that work for Outlook for Mac please let me know!

Please help!

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Evelyncs,

It sounds like the issue is specifically that you can't view the HubSpot Outlook extension, is that correct? 

I would recommend going through the download steps to make sure you have it, and you should be prompted to log into HubSpot during that process.

If you are still experiencing this issue after following those steps, can you please send along a screenshot of what you are seeing in regards to the Outlook add in/where you are getting stuck so that I can investigate this further. 

Thank you, 
Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
26 Replies 26
Reimo
Participant

SOLVE

I have the same issue.  I have been working with Microsoft for 3 weeks now as the HubSpot chat person suggested I check out the problem with Microsoft.  The microsoft community person says everything is set up correctly with Outlook 365 Home and that it is a Hubspot incompatibility unless HubSpot only supports Outlook 365 Business?  I have been assured there is no difference between home and business by Microsoft technical help. 

So question 1 is the Hubspot integration only for 365 Business and not home?

Everything is installed as per every instructions and articles from Hubspot.  Outlook knows when my last interaction was with Hubspot, however I have no Hubspot icon greyed or otherwise on my outlook.   Emails I send from within HubSpot are logged in Outlook but emails sent from Outlook are not logged in Hubspot.  All emails coming to me are only available in Outlook unless they are replies to an email sent from Hubspot.

Our email acount is and IMAP one and all my co-workers are on windows machines and have no problems so this is definitely a Mac and Outlook related incompatibility that has not been addressed by HubSpot.  In a past job our email was gmail based and using the same Macbook pro as now I had no issues whatsoever.

This is really distressing as I am the one driving a complete HubSpot integration but clearly I cannot pursue this with my management when I'm not even integrating.

If someone can confirm definitely that there are no plans to sort out the Mac/Outlook/Hubspot integration or it will be some time, at least I know what my choices are but at the moment it seems others also have the same problem with no clear way forward?

If I am wrong I would love to know as I am super keen to get this sorted so would appreciate any help!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Reimo,

I want to break down the troubles you're having to ensure all of your questions are addressed. 

1. Is the Outlook extension compatible with your inbox? 

If you are using the O365 add in and your inbox is hosted by O365 then you can use this add in on your machine. If, however, your inbox is connected to HubSpot via IMAP because your inbox is not hosted by O365, then the extension will not work in your inbox. 

For a full explanation of what extensions are compatible with which inboxes, I wanted to share this resource.

2. Logging emails within HubSpot

If you are able to successfully send emails through HubSpot, you have successfully connected your inbox. Connecting your inbox enables you to send emails through HubSpot, have them sent through your personal email address and servers, and have replies to those emails logged in HubSpot.

If your inbox is not compatible with the extensions mentioned above, then you will need to manually add the bcc address to emails you send from your inbox in order for them to log in HubSpot. When you do this, email responses to these emails will also log in HubSpot. 

Emails that are not replies to emails that were logged in HubSpot (either because they included the bcc address or because they were sent from within HubSpot) will not log to HubSpot. 

Next steps

In terms of getting all emails logged in HubSpot, your only option would be to use the conversations inbox, which acts as a team inbox and will pull in all emails. This is not the equivalent of linking a personal inbox, so please ensure you read the documentation before proceeding with this option. 

If you do not want your inbox connected as a team inbox, you can continue to log emails sent through Outlook by using the bcc and forwarding functionalities.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
cstrange1
Participant

SOLVE

Hello.  I am looking for some assistance here as well.  Most replies appear from 2018 & early 2019, so I'm not sure if things have changed.  

I have a macbook and using desktop version of Outlook, connected with my Office 365 Exchange email.  I have installed the Hubspot sales extension and it says that email is successfully linked.  When I send an email from the Office 365 browser Outlook, the email usually (although not always) is tracked in Hubspot.  When I send an email from my desktop Outlook, the email never shows up in Hubspot.  

Any ideas here?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @cstrange1,

Do you have the desktop extension downloaded for Outlook? If so, when you are sending emails from your desktop Outlook are the track and log options checked off? 

If you can send along screenshots of where you are getting stuck with specific examples, that would be great!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Dheimlich

SOLVE

I am having the same exact issue as @cstrange1 .  I have deleted and re-installed the Outlook extension multiple times and have chatted with support on several different occassaions times over the past 24 hours. 

I am using O365.  I am using the add-in from the local Outlook software on my Mac. I am checking off the Track and Log buttons in the extension before sending emails. The add-in is tracking my send and response emails.  But it is not tracking when someone opens.  (If I send an email directly from within Hubspot it does track the opens).

Any resolution for this?  Please help.

0 Upvotes
PauLoading

SOLVE

Hi,

I have already solved it. The thing is that we were using an IMAP hosting for our email adress. We switched to Microsoft Exchange Server and now it works correctly. 

The Hubspot extension for Outlook 365 only work's with Exchange (at least in MAC).

Hope it would be helpful for you,

Dheimlich

SOLVE

@PauLoading thanks for the response, which seems like a great insight.  However, I'm slightly confused:  My Office 365 account includes Exchange.  Can you please tell me the specific steps I need to take? I'm not clear if I would need to change my hosting service with Microsoft or just make a configuration edit somewhere.  Can you advise? 

Btw, I'm a one-person company if that makes a difference.  And as a reminder, I'm working from a Mac.

0 Upvotes
BTinder

SOLVE

Hi. Did you ever figure out a workaround? I'm having the exact same issue and I also am a single entity.

0 Upvotes
PauLoading

SOLVE

We have the same problem in our organization. 

Event having verificated all the stuff wich you have told about, we still can't use the HubSpot Sales add-in extension for Outlook.

We have speaked with Microsoft and all is OK and HubSpot chat doesn't knows how to fix it.

We have IMAP accounts logged with desktop Outlook (we also have O365) and nothing appears to change. 

We have followed all the installation steps and looked at the other links dropped up there. 

We need this article https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/connect-your-inbox-to-hubspot to know how to make it run with Mac.

We have just bought Office 365 to connect it with HubSpot and now it appears that there is a bunch of problems to connect it with Mac.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @PauLoading,

Have you installed the O365 extension by following the instructions here? It is worth nothing that the O365 extension will only work on Macs if your inbox is hosted by O365.

If you can please share where you are getting stuck and what the specific issue you are encountering is, that would be great!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Jw5020

SOLVE

Hi

I have the same problem but just read this that you wrote Jenny

"Have you installed the O365 extension by following the instructions here? It is worth nothing that the O365 extension will only work on Macs if your inbox is hosted by O365"

Most companies have an email not hosted by O365 (as tend to be personal emails) so does this mean we cant use on a mac, if we use outlook?

Is there any way round it or is this going to be improved?

Many thanks

J

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @Jw5020,

At the moment no, you will need to use the Office 365 to be compatible with MAC.

I was able to find this post in the HubSpot Community Ideas forum.

Upvoting here will alert our Product Team to the popularity of this request. Doing so will also auto-notify you if/when this functionality becomes available within HubSpot.

You can read more about how that review process works here

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

PauLoading

SOLVE

Yes, I have installed the Office 365 extension by following the instructions in that link. 

I am stuck at the point that I have installed the HubSpot Sales add-in and nothing appears in our Outlook accounts. 

We have followed all the steps and the is any error or any message.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @PauLoading,

Have you connected with HubSpot technical support regarding this matter? As troubleshooting this matter will involve instructions specific to your device, they will be the best resource to assist! 

If you cannot connect with them, please let me know.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Dheimlich

SOLVE

I'm still having this problem: I am using O365.  I am using the add-in from the local Outlook software on my Mac. I am checking off the Track and Log buttons in the extension before sending emails. I can see the email added to the bcc. The add-in is tracking my send and response emails.  But it is not tracking when someone opens.  (If I send an email directly from within Hubspot it does track the opens).

As per PaulLoading's suggestion, I contacted Microsoft to be sure that my O365 is working through Exchange (and not IMAP), which it is. 

Any other ideas?  Is my experience a known issue?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Evelyncs,

It sounds like the issue is specifically that you can't view the HubSpot Outlook extension, is that correct? 

I would recommend going through the download steps to make sure you have it, and you should be prompted to log into HubSpot during that process.

If you are still experiencing this issue after following those steps, can you please send along a screenshot of what you are seeing in regards to the Outlook add in/where you are getting stuck so that I can investigate this further. 

Thank you, 
Jenny

0 Upvotes
techcollective

SOLVE

Hello I am unable to use my hubspot - making very challending, 

Please see images 

See Hubspot Ico installed -See Hubspot Ico installed -Asked me to sign in -Asked me to sign in -I provide my information - but it does not open the optionI provide my information - but it does not open the option

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @techcollective,

Are you unable to log in when you hit the login screen? If so, I would recommend going through the steps outlined here.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
techcollective

SOLVE

Hello Jenny, 

This does not work for my MacBook Pro - 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

HI @techcollective,

Apologies, I linked the wrong article. Can you please follow the steps here

If you are still stuck after taking these steps can you please direct message me a video of the behavior?

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes