Outlook Sales Extension

warnerprosales

Duplicate, erroneous opens being tracked.

I have the Hubspot extension in my Outlook set to log and to track emails. An email I sent to a contact is being shown as opening every three minutes. I get the alert, and the contact activity also shows the log of the activity. 

To attempt to resolve, signed out, then signed back in. I have also uninstalled, then reinstalled the Hubspot extension.  Finally, I have excluded the contact from both logging and alerts.  

After this step, the erroneous activity is not posted to the contact, but I continue to recieve open alerts. 

On Windows 10; 

What could be the cause of this?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
AdamLPW
Key Advisor

Hi @warnerprosales,

Is anyone else CC'd or BCC'd on the email?

I've experienced this behaviour in the past when I've copied colleagues in on emails sent using HubSpot tracking.  Colleagues' opens, etc., were indistinguishable for the recipient's opens.  I've since taken to forwarding the email to colleagues instead, so it's treated as a separate email by Outlook and HubSpot.  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
warnerprosales

Thank you for the suggestion -- No one else was copied.  The opens will occur at three minute intervals; it seems to be machine/system generated.  This has been so annoying that I actually deleted the contact and with that deletion, all messages and logs.  And I STILL get the open alerts.

0 Upvotes