Deployment Manifest or location not trusted

RightRevenue

Hi all,

I am trying to install the Outlook Desktop and I keep running into the attached error.

I have tried all recommended changes (added the URL to trusted sites and made sure that the security level of trusted sites is 0.0), I have disabled my Kaspersky protection. I tried running the install shield as an admin, but still no luck. 

If I enter the URL in my browser it actually downloads the sidekick.vsto file and I can run it, but then it just cannot find the sidekick.dll.manifest file, which seems to be part of the sidekick installation process. 

I have Win 10 x64 and Outlook desktop (Office 365)

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks a lot,

Niels

13-08-2019 17-02-27.jpg13-08-2019 16-08-28.jpg

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @RightRevenue,

Are you seeing the error message after you've retrieved the download? Have you partnered with your IT team to see if the download is on your computer? 

Additionally, I did want to share the next set of steps in this article if you are still seeing the error message.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
GMillman

I have the same problem but I'm not using Internet Explorer. I Use Google Chrome browser. Can anyone point me to how to set up trusted sites in Chrome?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @GMillman,

If you are working in the Outlook extension, the default browser will be Internet Explorer. That is not a setting that can be changed on the user's end. 

For more information on trusted sites and Chrome, I did want to share this resource.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes