Outlook Sales Extension

Aspyro

Create follow up reminder task in outlook

SOLVE

Hi all,

I found this post: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/email-follow-up-reminder-when-no-response/td-p/287696 In which it is explained how to send a follow up reminder. I was wondering if you can also create this 'reminder task' while in the outlook interface. Or if you can just make the mail pop up again in your inbox. 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
willsmith
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Aspyro 

If you have your Outlook extension set up and it is working, before you send your email (and if the contact is in your HubSpot portal):

1. Click on the extension "button".

2. Scroll and click on View contact

3. Click on Tasks then Create task

4. Name the task, assign a due date and click Save

You can also do this after you send the email, by going to your Sent folder in Outlook.

I hope this helps. If it does, please mark it as a solution to help the rest of the community. 
-Will

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
LDeatherage
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @willsmith ,

Thanks so much for your reply! Sounds like seqeuences will be the solution -- will take a look into them. Appreciate your help!

0 Upvotes
willsmith
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Aspyro 

If you have your Outlook extension set up and it is working, before you send your email (and if the contact is in your HubSpot portal):

1. Click on the extension "button".

2. Scroll and click on View contact

3. Click on Tasks then Create task

4. Name the task, assign a due date and click Save

You can also do this after you send the email, by going to your Sent folder in Outlook.

I hope this helps. If it does, please mark it as a solution to help the rest of the community. 
-Will

LDeatherage
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @willsmith 

Is there a way to automatically create a follow task every time an email is sent to a contact in outlook? Thanks in advance!

Lina

0 Upvotes
willsmith

SOLVE

Hi @LDeatherage - I don't think a task can automatically be created easily. You could try a very specific workflow to make this happen. This could get difficult to set these up for each email being sent out. 

A better approach may be to use Sequences. If you are on Sales Hub Pro and have access to Sequences - you could set up tasks to automatically be created after an email is sent or after certain steps of the sequence. 

I hope this helps. 
-Will