Outlook Sales Extension

BRussellPSP

Create a contact record from Outlook email

I have companies already established in HubSpot. When my sales team utilizies Outlook for email, what is the process for creating that  new contact record in HubSpot for a new contact on an existing company?  Unfortunately, many of my customers have the same .com email ending so a straight import of all the Outlook records doesn't seem feasible.

3 Replies 3
elizheleva
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi @BRussellPSP ,

Aah, I understand better now. I think some manual work might be involved to start with. Hubspot will not change associations between companies and contacts if those are already set. This means that for the existing ones, you might need to have them in an Excel spreadsheet, set them up the way you need them with the different instances of the company and then the comms will be recorded accordingly. It's not a slick or long-term solution, yet it can still help to start with.

I'll continue to think about how it can work and I'll be in touch if I come up with something. 🙂

Best regards,

Eli

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

elizheleva

Hi @BRussellPSP,

If you use the Hubspot extension for Outlook, you can add contacts to Hubspot from within Outlook. When an email is added from within Outlook into Hubspot via the extension, if the contact has a domain matching the domain for an existing company, the system will automatically link them. If there's no company record, when the contact is added, a company record will automatically be created, too.

I hope that helps. 😃

Eli

Problem solver at crmsquad 

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

BRussellPSP

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, many of my customers have the same domain but are actually different customers. For example, we service many different locations for the same company. Each contact has the same domain but each location is a unique company to us. When I send an email to a new contact, HubSpot seems to think that each contact is associated with the headquarters and not the individual location set up in my system.
0 Upvotes