Outlook Sales Extension

aboppart
Membre

Connected Office 365 inbox create new contacts

Résolue

This may have already been addressed, but we just connected our Office 365 inbox. Now every email/activity we create in Outlook is being recorded in Hubspot. Everytime we send an email, a new contact is created in Hubspot. I thought Hubspot would only track accounts in Hubspot. Do we only have to work within the app? We even disabled the connected inbox and new contacts still are created.

Thanks!

0 Votes
2 Solutions acceptées
willsmith
Solution
Conseiller clé | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hi @aboppart 

By default, HubSpot logs and tracks every email that you send once you connect your Outlook. If your Outlook has stored email addresses that it "knows", but HubSpot doesn't recognize them, HubSpot will then create a new contact based on the email address - which is, the "license plate" or unique identifier in HubSpot. 

There are a few things you can do:
1. Adjust your extension log and track settings that allow you to decide which emails should be logged and tracked. This video explains how to do this

2. Add specific domains that you will never log, like your internal company domain. To do this, go to Settings (the gear icon, top right) then click Integrations in the side left column. Next, click Email integrations and select the 3rd tab labeled Log and Track. In the Never Log enter the domains and email addresses you would like to have blocked.

Be sure to select whether you would like these addresses to be blocked for only you or for everyone that is a user in your HubSpot portal. 

I hope this helps. If it does, please mark it as a solution to help others in the community. 
Thank you. 
-Will

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

willsmith
Solution

Résolue

Hi @MariannaC 

It's been a few years since I last used the Office 365 integration, so I was unable to test this. There is a big "on/off" button in your HubSpot personal email setting that allows for Inbox Automation. I'm not sure how effective it is at capturing contact details, but I would start here, remembering that it is probably not 100% foolproof. 

CleanShot 2024-02-12 at 17.03.37.png

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

4 Réponses
willsmith
Solution

Résolue

Hi @aboppart 

By default, HubSpot logs and tracks every email that you send once you connect your Outlook. If your Outlook has stored email addresses that it "knows", but HubSpot doesn't recognize them, HubSpot will then create a new contact based on the email address - which is, the "license plate" or unique identifier in HubSpot. 

There are a few things you can do:
1. Adjust your extension log and track settings that allow you to decide which emails should be logged and tracked. This video explains how to do this

2. Add specific domains that you will never log, like your internal company domain. To do this, go to Settings (the gear icon, top right) then click Integrations in the side left column. Next, click Email integrations and select the 3rd tab labeled Log and Track. In the Never Log enter the domains and email addresses you would like to have blocked.

Be sure to select whether you would like these addresses to be blocked for only you or for everyone that is a user in your HubSpot portal. 

I hope this helps. If it does, please mark it as a solution to help others in the community. 
Thank you. 
-Will

MariannaC
Participant

Résolue

Hi Will! I have a follow up question on this - when HubSpot creates the new contact from an email, is there a way for it to automatically populate the first & last name into the contact record, or does that need to be done manually?

0 Votes
willsmith
Solution

Résolue

Hi @MariannaC 

It's been a few years since I last used the Office 365 integration, so I was unable to test this. There is a big "on/off" button in your HubSpot personal email setting that allows for Inbox Automation. I'm not sure how effective it is at capturing contact details, but I would start here, remembering that it is probably not 100% foolproof. 

CleanShot 2024-02-12 at 17.03.37.png

MariannaC
Participant

Résolue

Thank you, Will! This is enabled - so I think you're right that it's not fullproof. Glad to have a better understanding of how it's meant to work.

0 Votes